Senior Database Administrator (Data Architect)
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA Healthcare ITG
Please click the link above to Watch our Identity Video to get a
closer look at who we are and what we do!--Do you want to be a part
of a family and not just another employee? Are you looking for a
work environment where diversity and inclusion thrive? Submit your
application today and find out what it truly means to be a part of
a team.--You contribute to our success. Every role has an impact on
our patients--- lives and you have the opportunity to make a
difference. We are looking for dedicated professional like you to
be a part of our team. Join us in our efforts to better our
community!--At HCA Healthcare, you have options. You can choose
from a variety of benefits to create a customizable plan. You have
the ability to enroll in several medical coverage plans including
vision and dental. You can even select additional al la carte
benefits to meet all your needs. Enroll in our Employee Stock
Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401k, flex spending accounts for--medical and
childcare needs, and participate in our tuition reimbursement and
student loan repayment programs----JOB SUMMARY
Data Architects are leaders within HCA---s Information and
Analytics organization and are responsible for defining and
implementing data management practices across the enterprise. This
role will focus primarily on enterprise data management
requirements including strategy, architecture, access, usage, and
Data Architects are expected to lead initiatives that source and
incorporate new data sources into the Enterprise Data Ecosystem.
This requires the ability to identify and define the linkage of
data within and across subject areas, and in using metadata to
accurately and uniquely identify data. Advanced SQL skills are also
required as this position is often called upon to develop expertise
in data content, which can only be facilitated through much query,
analysis, and engagement in our business operations.
Data Architects are expected to come into the position with a great
deal of prior knowledge and experience and need to demonstrate the
ability to learn quickly and drive a team-oriented environment.
Extensive experience in data integration is very important in this
position as well as exposure to Business Intelligence tools and
concepts, as a strategic goal of the organization is to build an
integrated and enterprise grade Business Intelligence
The key responsibilities of this position include but are not
limited to the following:
- Architect and implement enterprise data management practices,
standards, and frameworks for Data Architecture, Data Governance,
Data Quality, Master Data Management, Data Integration, Data
Security, Big Data, and Data retention processes.
- Architect, manage, and own full data lifecycle from raw data
acquisition through transformation to end user consumption.
- Maintains a holistic view of information assets by creating and
maintaining artifacts that illustrate how information is stored,
processed, and accessed.
- Developing data models as necessary for enterprise data
management and analytics encompassing conceptual, logical and
- Facilitate the mapping and auditability of information assets
as they flow from upstream legacy, package, or custom development
to downstream applications, thus ensuring optimal transparency,
quality, consistency and controlled redundancy across the
- Ensure existing data/information assets are identified,
stewarded and leveraged across the enterprise.
- Ensure a focus on information/data quality by developing and
publishing enterprise data standards such as a common business
vocabulary, naming conventions, data standards, transformation
rules and related enterprise consistency specifications.
- Translate various strategic program requirements into a usable
enterprise information architecture, which may include an
enterprise data model, associated metadata, common business
vocabulary, ontologies and taxonomies.
- Provide leadership on key technology choices for Enterprise
Data Ecosystem including data warehouse, analytical and big data
- Ensure architectural, quality, and governance adherence through
- Manage efforts building consumable data lakes, analytics
applications and tools
- Work closely with individuals across the technology
organizations to help promote awareness of the data architecture
and ensure that enterprise assets of competence are leveraged.BASIC
- A Bachelor's degree in computer science, information systems or
other related field; or equivalent work experience.
- 7+ years--- relevant experience in Technology, IT/IS.
- 5+ years--- experience with relational, multi-dimensional, and
analytic database technologies.
- Extensive experience in architecture, construction, and
implementation of data-intensive solutions.
- Strong interpersonal skills, including a desire to drive work
and lead within a highly-matrixed, team-oriented environment.
Independent operators are not sought and will not be successful in
- Extensive experience with relational database management
systems; Teradata, Oracle or SQL Server preferred--
- Significant experience with data modeling tools, PowerDesigner
Studio or ERWin preferred--
- Advanced SQL skills, including the ability to write, tune, and
interpret SQL queries; tool specific experience in the RDBMS's
listed above is ideal--
- Experience interfacing data from multiple systems using both
message-based and batch ETL methods
- Able to establish and meet delivery dates--
- Strong analytical and technical skills with ability to analyze
issues, assess technical risks, and recommend sound solutions in a
- Able to build strong relationships within department and with
other technical people--
- Willingness to mentor and train junior team members
- Adeptness to learn new assignments, technologies and
applications quickly and manage multiple assignments
- Master's degree in computer science, information systems or
other related field; or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Cloudera Distribution (preferable), Hadoop and
open source technology.
- Experience in operationalizing Data Governance, Data
Stewardship and Data Quality.
- Extensive experience in interaction with business and
technology stakeholders in conceptual.
- NoSQL database experience is a must as well as supporting
infrastructures. (E.g. MongoDB, Cassandra, etc.)RELEVANT WORK
- 7+ yearsEDUCATION
- Bachelor---s Degree Required
- Other as Noted: Bachelor---s Degree or equivalent work
HCA Healthcare is a comprehensive healthcare network where 265,000
people across more than 1,800 care facilities are all committed to
creating a positive impact every day. It---s an organization that
exists to give people healthier tomorrows. Our scale enables
caregivers to deliver great outcomes for patients and gives
colleagues unparalleled opportunities to learn and grow. Most
importantly, as a part of HCA Healthcare we---re connected to
something bigger, which means more resources, more solutions and
more possibilities for everyone who walks through our doors. What
matters most to our diverse and talented colleagues is giving
people the absolute best healthcare possible. Every day, we seek to
raise the bar higher, not just for ourselves, but for healthcare
everywhere.--Be a part of an organization that invests in you. We
are actively reviewing applications. Highly qualified candidates
will be promptly contacted by our hiring managers for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient care!
--We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our
company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.Notice Our Company---s
recruiters are here to help unlock the next possibility within your
career and we take your candidate experience very seriously. During
the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request
financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit
card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters
will not email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo
Mail. If you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email,
contact us firstname.lastname@example.org
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Nashville , Senior Database Administrator (Data Architect), IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!