Oracle Database Administrator
Posted on: September 16, 2018
Your RoleDo you like to work and explore multiple, complex IT technologies? Are you a customer-focused team player, who would like to become part of a large global organization? Would you like to take an opportunity to drive your career? We are looking for someone like that who can help us with the following key tasks:- You will need to support entire spectrum of Database Service Delivery tasks. Includes global database event, fault monitoring, user and service requests, incident and problem management, change management.- Attend incidents for troubleshoot and resolution- Monitor and analyze performance issues- DBA support for all routine database administrative tasks.- Coverage provided is 24x7 so shift work required including weekend.- Compliance with operational / change management guidelines - Support activities related to database support during infrastructure events, changes related to database maintenance, DC activities.- Cross training to support other RDBMS areas like Mssql & Sybase.Your teamThis team provides 24x7 operational support to all business areas globally in UBS production, development, DR & QA infrastructure. Team support 3 platforms - Oracle, Sybase & MSsql. Primary responsibility of the team is to provide support to all standardized & predefined scope of infrastructure in all area taking into account business requirements, priorities, risks, synergies and technical / regulatory constraints - event/fault monitoring and remediation, incident & problem management, user requests management, change & vulnerability management, all database administration tasks, escalating cases with vendor, participate in testing & on-boarding new production/services.
This team is also responsible for planning, supporting and executing global and regional infrastructure projects. All the services have defined SLA and deliverables are measured against predefined KPIs. Team work as integral part of global DBServices team, collaborate & work hand-in-hand with regional DBAs around the globe as well internal engineering. The team works closely with other infrastructure teams such as Wintel, Unix, Network and Storage.Your expertiseYou are:
- Experienced DBA worked for large financial institutes supporting 500+ server farm and willing to work in 24x7 shift rotation for optimal support.
- Flexible and open minded team player who is able to handle pressure of service delivery.
- Eger to learn new technologies and truly become cross platform DBA, able to prioritize & solve problems quickly.
- At least 3 to 5 years of experience managing 9i, 10g, 11g & 12c oracle database management tasks on Solaris and Linux OS.
- You have worked extensively on OEM infrastructure, RAC/ASM, Grid control management, Golden gate replication, RMAN, Data Guard.
- Experience in DBA activities like database lifecycle management, creation, upgrade, migration, patching, cloning, backup & recovery, alert monitoring, space & user management, resolving performance issues, database corruption.
- Familiar with UNIX platform system administration, knows shell scripting/automation tools, exposure to Exadata.
- Experienced supporting large infrastructure for incident/change management, strong collation skills and equally capable of managing shift alone.
- Good knowledge of ITIL concept, process and used ITIL oriented operational tools.
*LI-UBSWhat we offerTogether. That's how we do things. We offer people around the world a supportive, challenging and diverse working environment. We value your passion and commitment, and reward your performance.
Keen to achieve the work-life agility that you desire? We're open to discussing how this could work for you (and us).
Take the next stepAre you truly collaborative? Succeeding at UBS means respecting, understanding and trusting colleagues and clients. Challenging others and being challenged in return. Being passionate about what you do. Driving yourself forward, always wanting to do things the right way. Does that sound like you? Then you have the right stuff to join us. Apply now.Disclaimer / Policy StatementsUBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce.
Keywords: UBS, Nashville , Oracle Database Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!