Senior Bi Developer WFH
Company: Hospital Corporation of America
Posted on: November 26, 2022
Description IntroductionLast year our HCA Healthcare colleagues
invested over 156,000 hours volunteering in our communities. As
a(an) Senior Bi Developer WFH with Work from Home you can be a part
of an organization that is devoted to giving back!BenefitsWork from
Home, offers a total rewards package that supports the health,
life, career and retirement of our colleagues. The available plans
and programs include:
- Comprehensive medical coverage that covers many common services
at no cost or for a low copay. Plans include prescription drug and
behavioral health coverage as well as telemedicine services and
free AirMed medical transportation.
- Additional options for dental and vision benefits, life and
disability coverage, flexible spending accounts, supplemental
health protection plans (accident, critical illness, hospital
indemnity), auto and home insurance, identity theft protection,
legal counseling, long-term care coverage, moving assistance, pet
insurance and more.
- Fertility and family building benefits through Progyny
- Free counseling services and resources for emotional, physical
and financial wellbeing
- Family support, including adoption assistance, child and elder
care resources and consumer discounts
- 401(k) Plan with a 100% match on 3% to 9% of pay (based on
years of service)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Retirement readiness and rollover services and preferred
- Education assistance (tuition, student loan, certification
support, dependent scholarships)
- Colleague recognition program
- Time Away From Work Program (paid time off, paid family leave,
long- and short-term disability coverage and leaves of
absence)Learn more about Employee BenefitsNote: Eligibility for
benefits may vary by location.Would you like to unlock your
potential with a leading healthcare provider dedicated to the
growth and development of our colleagues? Join the Work from Home
family! We will give you the tools and resources you need to
succeed in our organization. We are looking for an enthusiastic
Senior Bi Developer WFH to help us reach our goals. Unlock your
potential!Job Summary and QualificationsJob Summary: The Sr. BI
Developer is a part of the HIM Technology organization of HCA. This
technically focused position with the HIM Technology team is
responsible for researching, designing, developing, testing and
deploying our business intelligence solutions across the
enterprise. This goal will be achieved by working with
cross-functional business teams and utilizing Parallon BI Tools -
MS SQL, Teradata, PowerBI, Microstrategy or MS Excel. The Sr. BI
Developer will collaborate with Business Analysts, Data Scientists
and Project Managers and Business Teams to develop analytics
subject matter expertise for reporting within the HIM Technology
team Description of Responsibility: Technical:
- Participate in all aspects of the BI development lifecycle,
including: requirements gathering, report development, QA testing,
product deployment, and end-user support.
- Build knowledge and assists in the execution of the appropriate
strategies, plans, tools and approaches to ensure the execution of
BI reports, dashboards and scorecards.
- Generate and prepare reports, scorecards, and dashboards to
support business owner and team objectives.
- Flexible and willing to learn and apply new methods to insure
delivery of quality products.
- Develop strong relationships with reporting end users to
understand how they are using existing reporting and what
enhancements are necessary to better support their needs.
- Engage in a two-way dialogue with the end user to understand
what business problem they need to solve with reporting and to
identify what data can be leveraged to meet those needs.
- Create reporting requirements and reporting mock-ups to provide
to the end user for approval
- Critical thinking - actively and skillfully conceptualizing,
applying, analyzing, synthesizing or evaluating information
gathered from, or generated by, observation, experience,
reflection, reasoning or communication as a guide to belief and
- Demonstrate learning agility by utilizing internal and external
training opportunities to cross train on Business Intelligence
tools and database platforms such as: Business Objects, SQL
Reporting Services, SQL Server and Teradata.
- Learn and demonstrate proficiency in adopting existing internal
report and dashboard execution and delivery.
- Grow professionally to assume greater responsibilities for the
activities listed above and demonstrate hands-on technical
capability for development projects. Relationship and Team
- Present data informally and facilitate discussion regarding
- Collaborate with other internal team members to integrate
solutions where additional data is required. Organizational:
- Practice and adhere to HCA's "Code of Conduct" philosophy and
"Mission and Value Statement".
- Works under direct supervision
- Perform other duties as assigned. Educational Requirements &
- Bachelors in CIS degree is required.
- Minimum 5 years of work experience required.
- Familiarity with HCA systems is preferred. HCA offers an
extensive professional development and educational reimbursement
program for continuing education. Desired Technical Skills:
- Knowledgeable about working with clinical data within a
- Minimum 5 Years of SQL development experience with solid
understanding of relational and multi-dimensional database systems
and designs required.
- Minimum 5 Years of Experience with SQL Server is required.
- Experience in building complex queries to pull data from
multiple SQL DB is required.
- Familiarity with BI tool architectures, functions, and features
desired. Desired Professional Skills:
- Ability to work on a computer for long periods of time.
- Ability to speak clearly with others and in meetings.
- Proficient with Microsoft Office.
- Building Trust - interacts with others in a way that gives them
confidence in one's intentions and those of the organization
- Effective Operational Decision Making - relating and comparing;
securing relevant information and identifying key issues;
committing to an action after developing alternative courses of
action that take into consideration resources, constraints, and
- Adaptability - maintaining effectiveness when experiencing
major changes in work tasks or the work environment; able to adapt
to change in environment and/or circumstances with a positive
outlook; and adjusting effectively to work within new work
structures, processes, requirements, or cultures
- Initiative - independently takes prompt proactive steps towards
- Energy - consistently maintaining high levels of activity or
productivity; sustaining long working hours when necessary;
operates with vigor, effectiveness, and determination over extended
periods of time
- Stress tolerance - maintaining stable performance under
pressure or opposition; handling stress in a manner that is
acceptable to others and the organization
- Communication - communicates clearly, proactively and concisely
with all key stakeholders.
- Customer orientation - establishes and maintains long-term
customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently
meeting and exceeding expectations
- Facilitation - ability to facilitate small to large groups of
people at various organizational levels for purposes of planning,
problem solving, or strategy development
- Quality Orientation - accomplishing tasks by considering all
areas involved, no matter how small; showing concern for all
aspects of the job; accurately checking processes and tasks; being
watchful over a period of time ITG transforms healthcare and gives
people healthier tomorrows. We deliver information technology
strategy, support, and solutions. ITG improve and enhance patient
care and business operations. We deliver services at administrative
locations, data centers, and hospitals. The facilities we support
are located in 20+ states and the United Kingdom. Our team works to
move healthcare forward. We do this by seeking, embracing,
developing, and delivering technology for patient care. HCA
Healthcare has been recognized as one of the World's Most Ethical
Companies - by the Ethisphere Institute more than ten times. In
recent years, HCA Healthcare spent an estimated 3.7 billion in cost
for the delivery of charitable care, uninsured discounts, and other
uncompensated expenses.\"There is so much good to do in the world
and so many different ways to do it.\"- Dr. Thomas Frist, Sr.HCA
Healthcare Co-Founder Be a part of an organization that invests in
you! We are reviewing applications for our Senior Bi Developer WFH
opening. Qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Submit your application and help us raise the bar in patient
care!We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at
our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion,
color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital
status, veteran status, or disability status.
Keywords: Hospital Corporation of America, Nashville , Senior Bi Developer WFH, IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!