Senior Business Intelligence Developer - REMOTE
Company: John Deere
Posted on: November 27, 2022
There are over 7 billion people on this planet. And by 2050,
there will be 2 billion more... many moving into urban centers at
an unprecedented rate. Making sure there is enough food, fiber and
infrastructure for our rapidly growing world is what we're all
about at John Deere. And it's why we're investing in our people and
our technology like never before! Here the world's brightest minds
are tackling the world's biggest challenges. If you believe one
person can make the world a better place, we'll put you to work.
RIGHT NOW.John Deere is an equal opportunity employer. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regards to, among other things, race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, age, sexual orientation, gender identity or
expression, status as a protected veteran, or status as a qualified
individual with disability.Primary Location: United States (US) -
Illinois - East MolineFunction: Data Science & AnalyticsTitle:
Senior Business Intelligence Developer - REMOTE -
92349Onsite/Remote: Remote PositionThis position may be
inUrbandale, IA OR Austin, TX OR can be performed remotelyper the
hiring manager's discretion.This may be dependent on the successful
candidate's background, experience, and proficiencyVisa sponsorship
is NOT available for this positionYour ResponsibilitiesAs a Senior
Business Intelligence Developer , you will:
- Design and develop data products in the Semantic Layer
Platforms to be consumed by Business Intelligence tools for
reporting and self-service BI, as well as design and develop
reports in business intelligence tools.
- Serve as the enterprise leader in design & development best
practices for both Semantic Layer and Business Intelligence Layer
- Build processes, frameworks, and governance models required for
building data applications and products.
- Through strategic enterprise relationships, gather detailed
product requirements and work to translate business problems into
technical solutions.VISA Sponsorship is NOT Available for this
positionWhat Skills You Need
- 4 or more years of experience in designing and developing
datasets in either Power BI or Tableau for reporting and
- 4 or more years of experience in designing and developing
reports, dashboards and alerts in Power BI and Tableau.
- 3 or more years of experience in dimensional data modeling;
star or snowflake schemas.
- 2 or more years of experience with cloud data (databricks,
Snowflake, Redshift, Azure Analysis Services).
- 2 or more years of experience with Lean, Agile and flow
methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.) and the software to manage the
workloads (Asana, JIRA, Smartsheet etc.).
- 2 or more years of experience in a product strategy role or
requirements intake role.
- Experience presenting and collaborating across multiple levels
of leadership and business areas. Ability to concisely articulate
solutions to technical and non-technical stakeholders and
ultimately drive results.What Makes You Stand Out
- Experience working with platforms like AtScale, Denodo,
Kyligence, Kyvos or similar.
- Proven record of digital transformations; migrating legacy
data/reports into modern cloud data and reporting platforms.
- Experience leading other developers in design and development
best practices in both data and reporting.
- Experience working with big data across multiple business
- Proven experience in data management knowledge of data
gathering techniques, data governance processes, and data modeling
principles (relational, dimensional).
- Experience in monitoring performance, optimization and
utilization of data and business intelligence platforms.Education
DetailsIdeally you will have a degree or equivalent related work
experience in the following:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Intelligence, Business Analytics,
or equivalent experienceCompetenciesLeadership level of position
Individual Contributer- ProfessionalCompetencies:
- Driving Sustainable Results
- Operating Globally and Inclusively
- Making Sound Decisions
- Communicating with Impact
- Leading Change
- Dilvering Customer ValueClick here to reference the
competencies matrix and their descriptions, be sure to note the
proper leadership level. Competencies are only provided for
positions that are posted internal only.What You'll GetAt John
Deere, you are empowered to create a career that will take you to
where you want to go while working in an inclusive team
environment. Here, you'll enjoy the freedom to explore new
projects, the support to think outside the box and the advanced
tools and technology that foster innovation and achievement.
Additionally, we offer a comprehensive reward package to help you
get started on your new career path, including:
- Flexible work arrangements
- Highly competitive base pay and performance bonuses
- Savings & Retirement benefits (401K and Defined Benefit
- Healthcare benefits with a generous company contribution in the
Health Savings Account
- Adoption assistance
- Employee Assistance Programs
- Tuition assistance
- Fitness subsidies and on-site gyms at specific Deere
- Charitable contribution match
- Employee Purchase Plan & numerous discount programs for
personal useClick Here
to find out more about our Total Rewards Package.The information
contained herein is not intended to be an exhaustive list of all
responsibilities and qualifications required of individuals
performing the job. The qualifications detailed in this job
description are not considered the minimum requirements necessary
to perform the job, but rather as guidelines.The terms of the
applicable benefit plans, and all company actions administering or
interpreting these plans, continue to control. Deere & Company
reserves the right to suspend, amend, modify, or terminate the
Plan(s) in any manner at any time, including the right to modify or
eliminate any cost-sharing between the company and participants.
Changes, which can be made at any time, are made by action of the
company's board of directors, or to the extent authorized by
resolution of its board of directors, or by the Deere & Company
Compensation Committee. In the event of a conflict between the
language of the official Plan Documents and this document, the
language of the official Plan Documents will control.ACA Section
1557 Nondiscrimination NoticeThe John Deere Health Benefit Plans
for Salaried Employees and The John Deere Benefit Plan for Wage
Employees comply with applicable Federal civil rights laws and do
not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age,
disability, or sex.
Keywords: John Deere, Nashville , Senior Business Intelligence Developer - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!