Sr. Software Engineer in Test - Backend/Cloud (US Remote)
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Join us as we pursue our disruptive new vision to make machine
data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. We are a company
filled with people who are passionate about our product and seek to
deliver the best experience for our customers. At Splunk, we're
committed to our work, customers, having fun and most importantly
to each other's success. Learn more about Splunk careers and how
you can become a part of our journey!
Splunk is seeking a Sr. Software Engineer in Test - to support and
test the next generation of Splunk Platform. You will be
responsible for testing various components and services of Splunk
for both on-premise and Splunk Cloud Offerings. You will work
closely with the Engineering and Product team to develop, script,
and execute sophisticated tests to verify conformance of Data
platform features and their functionality implemented by
Engineering against required functional specifications laid out by
Product Management. You have an opportunity to innovate the testing
methodologies in big data technique with industrial expertise. We
are looking for motivated, enthusiastic and focused individuals who
have a real passion for quality engineering and have strong
knowledge of product quality standards, automation and
- Drives Cloud and Enterprise software testing strategy to
deliver in a continuous delivery model.
- Drives technology direction and delivery.
- Works with the Engineering and Product Management teams to
develop, automate, and execute tests against required
- Collaborates with external and internal teams and it's the
heart of what makes Splunk a phenomenal place to work at.
- Communicate with senior leadership and architects on testing
and quality strategic plans.
- Participates in high profile and critical customer engagements
and escalations as needed.
- Incorporates customer use cases, issues, telemetry data back
into testing to enhance the overall product quality.
- Identifies testing and process gaps and implements solutions to
achieve efficiencies across the organizational boundaries.
- Mentors SDET engineers on best practices and technology
- Helps build the talent pool in the organization with
- Promotes Splunk innovations at meetups, recruiting events, and
- Experience in one of the following programming language Python,
Go (preferred), Java, Ruby, Perl, or C++.
- SCM experience using Git solutions, Bitbucket, GitHub, or
- Passionate about quality engineering
- Experience in setting up and working on distributed systems and
solutions like AWS Cloud, Google Cloud Platform, or Azure.
- Good SAAS background with an understanding of API &
- Experience building test automation framework or
infrastructure. using one of the following Pytest (preferred),
Selenium WebDriver, or any Go testing framework (e.g. Ginkgo).
- Good understanding in DevOps and CI/CD related technologies
Kubernetes, Docker, and any container orchestration
- Effective communicator who can be the technical spokesperson
for his Team/Area in broader architecture and technology
- Lead test design and test code reviews regularly, and
participate in test framework architecture discussions, as well as
product design discussions
- Mentor junior team members and involve in hiring critical
talent for the teamEducation
- BS EE or CS degree; 8+ years related experience (or Masters and
6+ years related experience or Ph.D. and 3 years' experience) or
We value diversity at our company. All qualified applicants will
receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, or any other applicable legally protected characteristics
in the location in which the candidate is applying.
For job positions in San Francisco, CA, and other locations where
required, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with
arrest and conviction records.
(Colorado only*) Minimum base salary of $115,000.00. You may also
be eligible for incentive pay + equity + benefits.*Note Disclosure
per sb19-085 (8-5-201 et seq).
Keywords: Splunk, Nashville , Sr. Software Engineer in Test - Backend/Cloud (US Remote), IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!