JAVA Software Engineer
Posted on: August 7, 2022
Overview At CoreCivic, our employees are driven by a deep sense
of service, high standards of professionalism and a responsibility
to better the public good. CoreCivic is currently seeking a
Software Engineer II located at our corporate office in Brentwood,
TN. Come join a team that is dedicated to making an impact for the
people and communities we serve.
Who We Are: CoreCivic is a diversified government solutions company
with the scale and experience needed to solve tough government
challenges in cost-effective ways. We provide a broad range of
solutions to government partners that serve the public good through
high-quality corrections and detention management, innovative and
cost-saving government real estate solutions, and a growing network
of residential reentry centers to help address America's recidivism
crisis. We are the nation's largest owner of partnership
correctional, detention and residential reentry facilities and have
been a flexible and dependable partner for government for more than
What We Have:
- More than just a job but the start of a successful career!
- Supportive environment where employee growth is promoted.
- Comprehensive benefits package & competitive wages.
- PTO & paid holidays.
- Paid job training & other great incentives.
What You Get To Do: The Software Engineer II is responsible for the
development of specifications, design, coding, testing, and
debugging software applications using the appropriate tools. Works
with end users, project managers, DBA's and external consultants to
develop new software applications and maintain existing
applications. Develops load and QA tests to ensure the quality and
scalability of the developed applications.
- Works with internal IT staff to resolve application and/or
system stability issues and to continuously improve the integrity
of the environment.
- Programs, debugs and tests Java based web applications in a
Java development environment.
- Ensures developed code complies with required cyber security
- Provides complete documentation of code.
- Manages problem and request tickets for assigned
- Ensures availability of supported technology.
- Deploys and maintains Continuous Integration /Continuous
Deployment pipelines across multiple environments, using workflow
processes for software testing, auditing and production.
- Sustains and improves the process of knowledge sharing
throughout the engineering team.
- Follows the CoreCivic program management methodology and works
collaboratively with all team members.
- Domestic U.S. travel may be required.
- Graduate from an accredited college or university with a
Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field is
- Two years of development experience is required.
- Additional related experience may be substituted for the
educational requirement on a year-for-year basis.
- Must be familiar with or have experience working with Java,
Angular x, HTML5, CSS3. Proficiency in Microsoft Office
applications is required.
- Minimum Age Requirement: Must be at least 18 years of age. A
valid driver's license is required.
Keywords: CoreCivic, Nashville , JAVA Software Engineer, IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!