Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Cloud Networking - REMOTE
Posted on: June 25, 2022
What You'll Do
This is a role within Cisco's cutting edge Data Center Networking
team. You will participate in projects involved in the development
of software for our next generation network operating systems for
Cisco's industry leading N9K family of datacenter switches. You
will be working on low level device drivers, OS components and
application software that interact with home-grown and 3 rd party
ASICs, FPGAs and SDK. Having scripting experience with Python for
UT automation is a plus.
Who You'll Work With
You will work with a diverse group of some of the brightest problem
solvers and thinkers in the Data Center Switching Team that work on
next generation of Data Center & Cloud switches.
Who You Are
- You are someone who thrives in a dynamic start-up like
- You can define, design, and deliver new platforms for the
Nextgen ASICs for the Cisco Data Center Switch Platforms
- You can write complete functional and design specs
- You can design & develop large portions of software
independently and rapidly.
- You have an eye for detail and are a person who likes to get to
the depth of technology down to its bits and bytes.
- You can learn a wide range of Data Center technologies.
- MS EE/CS combined with 3-5 years of related experience, or
BSEE/CS combined with 6-8 years related experience.
- Strong C, C++ and Python programming skills
- Strong OS and System architecture knowledge
- Hands on experience on switch/router embedded system software
development, kernel drivers
- Experience with high availability related to switch/router
- Networking knowledge is a plus
#WeAreCisco, where each person is unique, but we bring our talents
to work as a team and make a difference powering an inclusive
future for all.
We embrace digital, and help our customers implement change in
their digital businesses. Some may think we're "old" (36 years
strong) and only about hardware, but we're also a software company.
And a security company. We even invented an intuitive network that
adapts, predicts, learns and protects. No other company can do what
we do - you can't put us in a box!
But "Digital Transformation" is an empty buzz phrase without a
culture that allows for innovation, creativity, and yes, even
failure (if you learn from it.)
Day to day, we focus on the give and take. We give our best, give
our egos a break, and give of ourselves (because giving back is
built into our DNA.) We take accountability, bold steps, and take
difference to heart. Because without diversity of thought and a
dedication to equality for all, there is no moving forward.
So, you have colorful hair? Don't care. Tattoos? Show off your ink.
Like polka dots? That's cool. Pop culture geek? Many of us are.
Passion for technology and world changing? Be you, with
Keywords: Cisco, Nashville , Senior Embedded Software Engineer, Cloud Networking - REMOTE, IT / Software / Systems , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!