Financial System Services Administrator
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company OverviewDollar General Corporation has been delivering
value to shoppers for more than 80 years. Dollar General helps
shoppers Save time. Save money. Every day. - by offering products
that are frequently used and replenished, such as food, snacks,
health and beauty aids, cleaning supplies, basic apparel,
housewares and seasonal items at everyday low prices in convenient
neighborhood locations. Dollar General operates more than 18,000
stores in 47 states, and we're still growing. Learn more about
Dollar General at www.dollargeneral.com.Job DetailsResponsible for
the systems administration and data integrity of key critical
finance systems. Additionally, the role is responsible for the
development and implementation of improvements, updates, testing,
and documentation. This position involves heavy interaction with
system users, Information Technology, and external software
vendors. This position is a blend of application administrator
responsibilities and analyst responsibilities, but the mix will
vary depending on system(s) assigned.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Responsible for the setup, configuration, technical support,
and maintenance of various internal financial systems.
- Set up, maintain, and/or run daily jobs/batch processes to load
data into our financial systems.
- Develop, document, and deliver end-user training on supported
finance applications as required or when necessary.
- Set up, maintain, and/or troubleshoot user account/profile
- Research and resolve data inconsistencies, system errors, and
end users' questions (amount of time varies by systems
- Implement new finance system tools, reports, workflows, and
applications, including documentation of system requirements,
design and development, testing, reporting, and delivery to end
- Establish and maintain documented system procedures to ensure
consistency and cross-training as it relates to the population and
extraction of data from various systems.
- Design, develop, and test finance system changes and
- Act as Subject Matter Expert for assigned system(s) for
projects, upgrades, daily file processing, and enhancements.
- Create and maintain documentation of finance systems, field
definitions, process flows, and procedures.
- Influence system optimization efforts to improve processes
within the Finance organization through better use of
- Create and deliver recurring and ad hoc data
sets/reports/queries for internal customers.
- Assist with report design, development, automation and
enhancement for Finance team.Serve as liaison with Information
Technology, other internal departments and external software
vendors.QualificationsQualificationsKnowledge, Skills & Abilities:
- Proven analytical, problem-solving, organizational skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills, and ability to
build relationship and rapport with both technical and
- High level of self-motivation and resourcefulness; ability to
take initiative and find creative and effective ways to accomplish
tasks and solve problems.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently as well as
collaboratively with the Finance team, as well as other business
partners and internal customers.
- Ability to think strategically to achieve short-term and
- Ability to predict, analyze and manage cultural and
technological changes within the organization.
- Advanced organizational and time management skills needed
particularly during the implementation of systems.
- Ability to forge strong partnerships with business partners and
- Ability to meet deadlines and produce quality results.
- Proven project management skills.
- A natural curiosity to understand how things work and why.
- Working knowledge of csv imports, user provisioning, defining
roles, analytics and scheduling scripts.
- Basic understanding of US GAAP and accounting principles.
- Advanced Excel analysis skills such as v-lookup and x-lookup,
index/match, Conditional Formatting, advanced Pivot Table
functionality, and PowerQuery.
- Ability to write efficient queries from relational databases
using tools such as SQL Developer, PowerQuery, etc.
- Experience with flow charting software such as Visio .
- Experience with data modeling/visualization tools (Microsoft
- Experience with reporting concepts and software (IBI WebFOCUS
- Experience with Lawson Software, ReconNET, or Concur is
Work Experience and/or Education:
- Bachelor's degree (Computer Science, Accounting/Finance, and/or
Information Systems preferred)
- 5+ years' experience working with enterprise financial systems
and/or in an accounting systems role_#CC#We can recommend jobs
specifically for you! Click here to get started.
Keywords: Dollar General, Nashville , Financial System Services Administrator, IT / Software / Systems , Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!