HR Generalist -Remote
Company: NorthPoint Search Group
Posted on: May 16, 2022
We are working with a client that has an immediate need for an
HR Generalist at their office located in California, position
details as follows:
The Human Resource Generalist performs duties at the professional
level in some or all of the following functional areas: Employee
Relations, Recruitment, Management Coaching, Training and
Development, Employment, Affirmative Action and Employment Equity
program, Benefits Management, Payroll Management, and Legal
Compliance. This position requires an extremely perceptive person
who is capable of relating to individuals at all levels within the
organization. The HR Generalist must be self-driven, versatile,
sensitive to corporate needs, employee goodwill and the business
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Maintains all employee and applicant documentation as dictated
by governing agencies.
- Manages and tracks all employee disciplinary action.
- Partners with Plant Manager on decisions related to personnel
including confidential and sensitive matters.
- Maintains positive relationships at all levels of the
- Ability to communicate sensitive matters in a direct and
- Ensures legal compliance in all aspects of the generalist
- Coaches, counsels and guides managers before executing employee
- Maintains and processes Unemployment Notices of Entitlement and
potential charges in a timely, efficient manner.
- Assists with recruitment tasks as needed (reviews applications,
- Acts as an employee relations specialist.
- Monitors tardy and absenteeism reports and ensures proper
documentation is issued on employees who have excessive tardiness
or absenteeism problems. Reports vacation, sick, personal day and
holiday use to payroll and scheduling. Maintains and distributes
report of same.
- Maintains employee personnel files and has excellent record
- Maintains, updates and distributes the employee phone
- Ensures compliance with USCIS Form I-9 Employment Eligibility
Verification; periodically audits Forms I-9.
- Distributes and monitors employee performance evaluations and
ensures they are done in a timely manner (i.e., three months, six
months, one year and yearly thereafter).
- Updates, monitors and maintains eligible salary
adjustments/increases based on three- and six-month and one- year
- Reports, maintains and monitors all workers' compensation case
files; follows-up on open cases with insurance carrier to ensure
timely and precise reporting.
- Maintains and distributes list of new and cancelled employees
under each benefit plan. Verifies benefit billing accuracy and
processes for payment.
- Maintains and coordinates employee recognition programs.
- Communicate in both Spanish and English fluently
- Business Acumen.
- Critical Evaluation.
- Ethical Practice.
- Global & Cultural Awareness.
- HR Expertise.
- Relationship Management.
- This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday
through Friday, and if necessary, also Saturdays (as needed).
Required Education And Experience
- Bachelor's degree in Human Resources preferred
- 5-6 years minimum experience as a Human Resources Coordinator
in a manufacturing and distribution environment
- Experience recruiting light industrial positions preferred
- Experience in the administration of benefits and compensation
programs and other human resource programs
- Bilingual Spanish. Ability to ready, write, and translate.
Powered by JazzHR
Keywords: NorthPoint Search Group, Nashville , HR Generalist -Remote, Human Resources , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!