Cook - Ford Ice Center Bellevue
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: November 11, 2019
Our Exciting Work Environment Since 1996, Delaware North
Sportservice has partnered with Bridgestone Arena to provide
memorable and unforgettable guest experiences. From the hundreds of
thousands of Nashville Predators fans that stream through the doors
every season, to the legions of guests that experience the
concerts, basketball games, and other special events Bridgestone
Arena has to offer, all of our guests receive the excellent
customer service and GuestPath standards that Sportservice is known
Sportservice offers a variety of options for every guest - from
Asian stir fry or barbecue, to hamburgers, hot dogs, and popcorn,
to the range of gourmet items served in our All-Inclusive Clubs. So
whether it's a sold-out hockey game, a major concert, or a
nationally televised awards show, Sportservice excels at providing
the finest in traditional concessions and gourmet dining.
The Opportunity Job Title: Cook
Job Code(s): 1442
Job Family: Restaurant
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Unit Name: Smoky Mountain Sportservice
Reports to: Restaurant Manager
Pay Range: $13.00 per hour
Shift/Hours Required: Varies
Age Requirement (if applic): 18 years Old
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or
cold food items, in accordance with the Company's GuestPath
Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational
- Prepares food to specifications before and during unit
- Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
- Reviews assigned station, checks stock, and replenishes to meet
- Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with
all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies
- Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely
- Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as:
knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills,
- Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is
- Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
- Packages all products to proper specifications
- Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed
and according proper guidelines.
- Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized,
and sufficiently stocked.
- Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation
- Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage
- Rotates to other areas when needed
- Reports to work scheduled events on a timely basis
-- Performs other duties assigned
Education & Experience:
- High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in
culinary program a plus
- Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in
back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred Knowledge, Skills
- Ability to read and understand recipes and food
- Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath's
Universal Service Standards
- Ability to communicate with others
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Attentive and detailed oriented.
- Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
- Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow
recipe measurements and proportions
- Basic culinary fundamentals of hot and cold foods
- Maintains good personal hygiene in a clean and complete uniform
- Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a
variety of foods and liquids.
- Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers,
weighing up to 50 lbs.
- Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
- Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
- Standing and walking for entire length of shift
- Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist,
bending and squatting
- Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and
brooms Environmental Working Conditions:
- Kitchen environment - noise levels may be moderate to high
- Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
- In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot
- Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken
glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
- Frequently immerses hands in water.
- May be required to work overtime on short notice *All positions
require you to successfully complete an annual pre-employment
*Nothing in this job description restricts the management's right
to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities on this job at
Delaware North Companies, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Who We Are Take your career beyond the ordinary-to the
At Delaware North, you'll love where you work, who you work with,
and how your day unfolds. Whether it's in sporting venues, casinos,
airports, national parks, iconic hotels, or premier restaurants,
there's no telling where your career can ultimately take you. We
empower you to do great work in a company with 100 years of
success, stability and growth. If you have drive and enjoy the
thrill of making things happen - share our vision, grow with
Delaware North is one of the largest privately held hospitality
companies in the world. Founded in 1915 and owned by the Jacobs
family for more than 100 years, Delaware North has global
operations at high-profile places such as sports and entertainment
venues, national and state parks, destination resorts and
restaurants, airports, and regional casinos. Our 55,000 employee
associates are dedicated to creating special experiences one guest
at a time in serving more than a half-billion guests annually.
Delaware North operates in the sports, travel hospitality,
restaurant and catering, parks, resorts, gaming, and specialty
retail industries and has annual revenue of about $3 billion. Learn
more about Delaware North, a global leader in hospitality, at .
All applicants will be subject to a pre-employment background check
and may be subject to a pre-employment drug test depending upon the
position and/or client requirements.
Delaware North Companies, Incorporated and its subsidiaries
consider applicants for all positions without regard to race,
color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability,
marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other legally
protected status. Delaware North is an equal opportunity
Keywords: Delaware North, Nashville , Cook - Ford Ice Center Bellevue, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!