Company: Sheraton Music City
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Location: US-TN-Nashville# of Openings: 1Category: Food and
BeveragePosition Type: Regular Part-TimeFLSA Status:
Excellent service is a tradition at the Sheraton Music City Hotel.
Our facility has 410 rooms and 32,000 square feet of centralized
and elegant meeting space. We have been the winner of 10
consecutive "Gold Key Awards" for meeting excellence from Meetings
& Conventions magazine and have recently undergone an extensive
renovation. With dedicated associates, we are poised to exceed our
guest's every need.
Why work at Sheraton Music City? We are a fun, energetic and
enthusiastic team that has a passion for delivering outstanding
service. Our associates enjoy free parking, complimentary meals,
incentives for exemplary performance, and much more. Do you want to
become a part of this excellent team and have fun at work? If you
answered YES then apply now to join our Sheraton Music City Hotel
Assist Banquet Manager in the preparing for banquet guests and
ensure positive guest experience.
- Communicate with supervisor throughout shift to be aware of the
- Set up all meeting rooms to the specifications of the guest.
This includes considerable physical activity in transporting
awkward and heavy materials such as staging, tables, chairs, dance
floors, etc., from storage area to meeting rooms
- Supply and replenish meeting rooms with clean glasses and fresh
- Break down all meeting rooms where meetings have concluded and
return to storage closet so the room will be available to be reset
for the next function.
- Maintain established cleaning schedule of meeting rooms and
ballrooms so the rooms stay presentable at all times.
- Comply with attendance rules and be available to work on a
- Perform any other job related duties as assigned.
- Knowledge of various types of equipment and set up styles used
in the meeting rooms. For example: different table types (round,
- Ability to lift and move multiple tables and chairs and podiums
weighing up to 100 lbs. through a crowded room with or without
- This position requires considerable physical activity on a
continuous basis throughout the shift for room set up and break
down with or without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to grasp, lift and/or carry, or otherwise move or push
goods on a hand cart/truck weighing a maximum of 500 lbs with or
without reasonable accommodations.
- Ability to stand for long periods of time with or without
- Effective verbal and written communication skills. Ability to
adapt communication style to suit different audiences, such as
effectively communicating with supervisors, coworkers, public
HEI Hotels and Resorts is committed to providing a comprehensive
benefit program that offers you choices for your physical, mental
and financial wellness, creating value in your most important
investment - you!
For your physical and mental wellness we offer competitive Medical,
Dental and Vision insurance programs geared to you and your
family's needs as well as Vacation/Sick/Holiday benefits. For your
financial wellness, HEI provides a wide array of coverage,
including Supplemental, Spousal and Child Life insurance as well as
Short and Long-Term Disability plans. Our 401(k) Savings Plan with
matching funds, and discounts through our 'YouDecide' and Hotel
Room Discount programs provide additional incentives for choosing
HEI as the employer of your future.
HEI Hotels and Resorts is an equal opportunity employer. We
evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color,
religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national
origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected
Keywords: Sheraton Music City, Nashville , Banquet Houseman, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!