Company: Omni Nashville Hotel
Posted on: September 15, 2019
Overview Nashville Hotel The Omni Nashville Hotel was specially
created to be an authentic expression of Nashville's vibrant music
culture. Across from the new Music City Center, the luxury hotel is
a one-of-a-kind experience, fully integrated with an expansion of
the Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum on four levels. Located
on Fifth Avenue between Demonbreun and Korean Veterans Blvd. The
Omni Nashville Hotel design is a modern expression of the city's
distinct character, incorporating natural materials, exposed steel
and regional limestone. The multi-story hotel and expanded museum
shares meeting and entertainment space and brings additional
restaurants and retail venues to this dynamic destination in
downtown Nashville. The Omni Nashville Hotel's associates enjoy a
dynamic and exciting work environment, comprehensive training and
mentoring, along with the pride that comes from working for a
company with a reputation for exceptional service. We embody a
culture of respect, gratitude and empowerment day in and day out.
If you are a friendly, motivated person, with a passion to serve
others, the Omni Nashville may be your perfect match. Job
Description Overall responsibility for the efficient and effective
running of the kitchen and food production outlets, ensuring
operating costs are minimized. The execution of all Omni Hotel and
company policies/procedures, ensuring that all services provided
achieve the established standards, within the agreed budgetary
controls. To advise the Food and Beverage Director on all matters
relating to the kitchen area. In conjunction with the Executive
Steward, ensure a high standard of cleanliness and hygienic
practice throughout the kitchen Responsibilities
- To assist the Food and Beverage Director in budgeting i.e. food
cost/payroll/etc.. When agreed, control all overheads/achieve food
cost budget throughout the oncoming year/report all variances from
actual budget with the reasons and recommendations for remedial
- Agree with other Food and Beverage Department managers on the
market potential for food outlets relating to the market
competitors and the availability of the product.
- In conjunction with the Food and Beverage Director, plan and
implement menu design, creating suitable dishes and passing
standards recipes to the food & beverage controller for
- To work with the Food and Beverage Director with capital
expenditure items for the food and beverage department.
- Ensure guest satisfaction with the smooth and effective running
of the day-to-day operation.
- To maintain control of the standards for purchasing and
- Work closely with the storeroom manager and food and beverage
controller to establish and maintain control of the standards for
purchasing and receiving items. To test and evaluate products for
quality, paying particular attention to yield/holding
qualities/market price/wastage usage of leftovers.
- To control requisitioning of food quantities, by forecasting
volume, to achieve maximum profitability by avoiding over/under
- To create recipes and production methods.
- To compile new banquet menus when required.
- Constantly inspect all food service sections during service
time to ensure that the correct standards are maintained!!!
- Responsible for control of equipment and scheduling
- To maintain an up-to-date knowledge of local and international
market trends in order to create food products which satisfy guest
needs, thereby maximizing sales opportunities in food outlets
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of competitors food
- Assist in the promotion of in house sales activities, such as
culinary festivals, chef specialties and culinary
- To plan/organize/control the efficient and effective
utilization of all food production staff, especially in scheduling
and controlling overtime!!!
- To interview/recruit suitable staff for the operation, in
conjunction with personnel and the food and beverage director.
- To oversee the training/development of all kitchen staff by
ensuring that effective on and off the job training is carried
- Be aware of state legislation in employment and industrial
- To establish effective and efficient office procedures in
handling daily menus/banquet menus/purchase requirements/general
correspondence/filing and records.
- To perform all duties applicable to a department manager within
- To actively participate in the critical path task sheet for the
food and beverage department.
- To conduct/attend all required department meetings.
- Candidate is required to have at least 5 years experience in a
Executive Chef capacity. High volume, full service HotelRestaurant
and Banquet Kitchen experience is also required.
- Candidate must be creative and up to speed on new concepts and
- High volume hotel business experience required.
- Bachelor's Degree or Equivalent preferred
- Serve Safe certified food manager preferred.
- Must be proficient with computers.
- Must possess the ability to handle stressful and busy
- Clear, concise written and verbal communication skills.
Candidate must be comfortable to speak to guests and conduct
- Must have a good understanding of cost control.
- Must have proven track record of mentoring developing
- Move, bend, lift, carry, push, pull, and place objects weighing
up to 40 pounds without assistance. Stand or walk for an extended
period or for an entire work shift. Requires repetitive
- Maintain a professional business appearance, attitude, and
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule to include weekends
- Must be able to lift and carry up to 40 lbs.
- Must be able to push and pull carts and items weighing up to 75
- Must be able to walk/stand for extended periods of time, with
frequent bending and twisting.
- Must be able to utilize culinary tools (knives, commercial
equipment, etc) and taste/smell. Omni Hotels & Resorts is an equal
opportunity employer. The EEO is the Law poster and its supplement
are available using the following links: EEOC is the Law Poster and
the following link is the OFCCP's Pay Transparency
Nondiscrimination policy statement If you are interested in
applying for employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special
assistance to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
firstname.lastname@example.org. We are an equal opportunity
employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex,
national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or
any other characteristics protected by law. The following link
provides more information regarding the Federal laws prohibiting
discrimination in employment: EEO is the Law - Notice of Applicant
Rights Under the Law If you are interested in applying for
employment with Omni Hotels & Resorts and need special assistance
to apply for a posted position, please send an email to
Keywords: Omni Nashville Hotel, Nashville , Executive Chef, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!