Cook 2-Swetts Whitts
Company: Delaware North
Posted on: December 9, 2018
Position Details POSITION SUMMARY
Under the direction of supervisor, prepares and serves hot and/or cold food items, in accordance with the Company s GuestPath Universal Service Standards and applicable Operational Standards.
* Prepares food to specifications before and during unit operations.
* Properly measures and portions all food items. Complies with all portion sizes, quality standards, department rules, policies and procedures.
* Cooks all food to proper specifications in a timely manner.
* Utilizes kitchen equipment to prepare food items such as: knives, slicers, whips, pots, pans, warmers, steamers, grills, ovens, etc.
* Ensures proper food temperatures are maintained and food is stored correctly.
* Ensures freshness and quality of all menu items.
* Packages all products to proper specifications
* Performs opening, closing and side work duties as instructed and according proper guidelines.
* Keeps workstation and equipment clean, organized, sanitized, and sufficiently stocked.
* Follows and upholds all health codes and sanitation regulations.
* Sets up and operates kitchen equipment
* Uses waste control guidelines and records all waste on spoilage sheet.
* Performs other duties assigned
* Completes end of day inventory and other opening/closing duties in accordance with company checklists and procedures
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE:
* High school education is desired; participation/enrollment in culinary program a plus
* Minimum of 6 months- 1 year previous experience in back-of-the-house foodservice position preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* Ability to read and understand recipes and food abbreviations.
* Pleasant and friendly; ability to adhere to GuestPath s Universal Service Standards
* Ability to communicate with others
* Ability to work in a fast-paced environment.
* Attentive and detailed oriented.
* Capable of following procedures and taking directions.
* Basic math skills; ability to understand, calculate and follow recipe measurements and proportions
* Manual dexterity sufficient to chop, mix, blend, whip etc. a variety of foods and liquids.
* Ability to lift and carry large pans from ovens or freezers, weighing up to 50 lbs.
* Ability to handle or operate dangerous kitchen equipment
* Ability to move rapidly and coordinate multiple orders.
* Standing and walking for entire length of shift
* Frequently required to reach up to 6-7 feet, twist at waist, bending and squatting
* Pushing and pulling occasionally, to move equipment, mops and brooms
ENVIRONMENTAL WORKING CONDITIONS:
* Kitchen environment noise levels may be moderate to high
* Works frequently in a hot and damp environment.
* In contact with sharp knives, slicers, boiling liquids, hot pans, etc.
* Hazards include, but are not limited to, cuts from broken glass, metal cans, scalds and burns, slipping and tripping.
* Frequently immerses hands in water.
Associated topics: breakfast, cocinera, commercial, cook, diner, food preparation, kitchen prep, maker, persona de parilla, steakhouse
Keywords: Delaware North, Nashville , Cook 2-Swetts Whitts, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!