Bartender - Thistle & Rye
Company: Northwood Hospitality
Posted on: August 8, 2022
Job DescriptionIf you were hired on or before July 31,2022, you
will be eligible for an Opening Bonus as part of our opening
team!Job Summary: The Bartender is responsible for preparing and
serving alcoholic and non-alcoholic drinks in a prompt manner. This
role will also provide an above average industry experience, so
that guests will want to return again and again. Key
- Maintain complete knowledge of all menu items, liquor brands,
beers and non-alcoholic selections available in the assigned
- Anticipate the guests' needs and respond appropriately with a
sense of urgency.
- Mix and Serve drinks following standard recipes and is trained
- Provide food and beverage service to all guests while seated at
- Review identification of customers to verify they are of legal
- Process customer payments utilizing the company POS.
- Rotate to other Food & Beverage outlets/venues, as
- Peel, slice, and pit fruit safely for garnishing drinks.
- Maintain the cleanliness and aesthetic of the bar.
- Provide bar back direction and coaching to ensure proper
operation of the bar and assist them when necessary.
- Maintain cleanliness of all equipment, tools, and
- Stock the bar counter with supplies.
- Check product and ensure that it is correct.
- Maintain first in first out (FIFO) for all perishable beverage
and non-beverage products.
- Communicate with Managers and Co-Workers in order to fulfill
and address any issues or needs requested by guests.
- Maintain a level of professionalism that will make guests want
to return to the restaurant.
- Maintain complete knowledge of designated glassware,
ingredients, preparation method and garnishes for each drink.
- Maintain complete knowledge of, and strictly abide by state
- Complete opening side duties which includes: check quality and
amount of all bar stock and supplies through checklist, set up
bottles in display cabinet and speed rail, check condition and
cleanliness of shaker and other tools, check temperature of
refrigeration units and glass wash machine.
- Ensure that all drink orders from servers are accurately rung
into the POS system before giving drinks to them.
- Ensure maximum usage of all supplies to attain budgeted
beverage cost and to prevent waste.
- Ensure all Conrad Nashville core values as well as property and
department standards are implemented and applied.
- Obtain and maintain position- specific licensing.
- All other duties as assigned such as sanitation and upholding
health requirement and regulations. Qualifications:
- 3+ years of experience in a hotel, restaurant, or catering
facility of similar caliber preferred.
- Strong Knowledge of standard drink recipes, use of bar
equipment and mixology.
- Experience in fast paced, high volume atmosphere.
- Good organizational and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to read, write & speak fluent English.
- Flexible schedule is necessary which includes but not limited
to days, nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Position requires regular, reliable attendance.
- Good team spirit.
- At least 18 years of age.
- Must have ServSafe and TABC license Physical Requirements:
- Most work tasks are performed indoors, temperature can be very
hot with or without control of environmental systems.
- Must be able to stand for long periods of time.
- Must be able to maneuver between stations and areas efficiently
- Must be able to lift up to 40 lbs.
- Requires manual dexterity.
- Must be flexible to work any day of the week, weekends, and
holidays if assigned. Benefits:
- 401k after 90 days, fully vested, company match to 3%
- Medical/ Dental/Vision– eligible after 60 days
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Awesome Paid Time Off policy
- Hilton Discounts Worldwide
- Northwood Hospitality Discounts
- Free Parking
Keywords: Northwood Hospitality, Nashville , Bartender - Thistle & Rye, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!