Banquet House Person Fs
Company: Grand Hyatt Nashville
Posted on: May 16, 2022
This is the job description for BANQUET HOUSEPERSON.
Job Title: Banquet Houseperson
Company: Dimension Hospitality
Reports To: Banquet Manager
Job Purpose: To set up all meetings, meal functions and audio
visual equipment in accordance with hotel and company policies. To
facilitate all customer requests in a timely and courteous
1. Completes all work assignments and follows all instructions
directed by supervisor or shift leader.
2. Ensures all water, amenities, audio-visual and breaks are in
room at least 15 minutes prior to start of meeting.
3. Complies with all customer needs for additional equipment and
supplies and conveys the additional charge to
the guest. Notifies supervisor to add to the guest check.
4. Displays good customer relation skills. Takes initiative to
greet guests in a friendly manner.
5. Sets up and cleans all meeting and meal function rooms in
accordance with company and hotel specifications.
6. Freshens all meeting rooms during meal breaks by replacing
ashtrays, changing cloths if necessary, refilling
candy jars, replacing water glasses, refilling water pitchers, and
removing garbage from meeting areas and
7. Assists with meal service and breakdown as needed. Assists in
getting banquet guest checks signed and turned
in to the front office for proper posting.
8. Follows all energy conservation guidelines as well as safety
9. Other duties as assigned.
1. Carry out specific oral or written instructions, frequently
following a simple routine.
2. Do the same task over and over frequently in the same way.
3. Stand and walk for long periods of time.
4. Lift and carry things like luggage, trays of dishes, and bags of
5. Use hands and fingers skillfully and easily.
Education: HS Diploma or equivalent
Experience: None required
Physical and working requirements:
Ability to speak and hear. Close and distance vision. Frequently
lifts/carries up to 50 lbs. Continual use of manual dexterity and
gross motor skills with frequent use of bi-manual dexterity and
fine motor skills.
Additional physical, visual and working requirements:
X Identify and distinguish colors
X Outdoor weather conditions
X Stand for long periods of time
X Walk extended distances
X Wet or humid conditions
X Lift/carry over 50 lbs.
X Reach hands and arms in any direction
X Kneel and/or stoop repeatedly
X Near loud noises
While this job description is intended to be an accurate reflection
of the requirements of the job, management reserves the right to
add or remove duties from particular jobs when business need
Keywords: Grand Hyatt Nashville, Nashville , Banquet House Person Fs, Hospitality & Tourism , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!