Assistant Buyer - GROCERY & HOUSEHOLD (pOpshelf)
Company: Dollar General
Posted on: May 16, 2022
Company OverviewDollar General (NYSE: DG) is a Fortune 200
company with more than 15,400 retail locations in 44 states, 16
distribution centers and 135,000 employees that embody our mission
of Serving Others each and every day. We work in an energetic
atmosphere that embraces innovation, diversity and teamwork, all
while keeping our customers and communities at the center of
everything we do! At Dollar General, employees have numerous growth
and development career opportunities through award-winning training
and being part of one of America's fastest-growing retailers. Apply
today and let's grow together!Job DetailsGeneral Summary:Partner
and assist the Buyer in the selection, flow and merchandising of
products that will provide Dollar General's customer with a better
life, and our shareholders with a superior investment. - Facilitate
the internal and external partnerships that allow Dollar General to
serve others by being a customer driven distributor of consumable
basics.Duties & Responsibilities: -
- Coordinates the flow of merchandise through daily communication
with vendors and the distribution, transportation and reorder
- Evaluate and report on the performance of products. - - - -
- Assists in sales planning and short and long term
- Assists buyer in selecting merchandise that will create value
and excitement for our customer and impact overall company
- Assists buyer in merchandising the products selected through
plan-o-gramming and in-store communications.
- Develop an in-depth knowledge of the market by visiting
competition, trade shows and manufacturing facilities.
- Maintain positive relationships with our teamshare partners by
visiting stores on a bi-monthly basis.QualificationsKnowledge and
- Ability to effectively communicate, both orally and in writing,
with our internal and external partners in order to produce
positive results. (Communication Skill)
- Ability to learn the dynamics of negotiation and the
interpersonal skills required to achieve Dollar General's
- Ability to develop an understanding of the market and our
customer's basic needs in order to generate an assortment that is a
fit for our niche.
- Ability to make decisions in a rapidly changing environment
while maintaining an enthusiastic sense of mission.
- Ability to create a team environment by assisting others in the
decision making process while facilitating their creative
- Ability to analyze and interpret budget, sales, market and
consumer data to select products and measure performance.
(Analytical Skill)Work Experience and/or Education:3 to 5 years in
merchandising and/or applicable retail experience. A college degree
and buying experience preferred._#CC#We can recommend jobs
specifically for you!
Keywords: Dollar General, Nashville , Assistant Buyer - GROCERY & HOUSEHOLD (pOpshelf), Hospitality & Tourism , Goodlettsville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!