Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: November 11, 2019
We Are Hiring
Lead Technologist-Sonography - Ultrasound - Full-Time,Day - St
Thomas West D&T Bldg - Nashville,TN
730AM-4PM Monday - Friday.
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine
hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated
joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation
facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000
associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide
variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs
and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the
changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by
innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As an Associate with Saint Thomas Health Svcs-TN, you will have the
opportunity to lead the daily operations of assigned department's
* Ensures quality imaging, patient care and work flow. Monitors
patient documentation for timely completion and accuracy.
* Oversees quality control testing, equipment maintenance and
* Serves as a resource to department staff as well as other members
of the team as needed.
* Performs staff orientation, training, and coaching. Provides
input to staff performance evaluations.
* Positions patients and selects anatomic and technical parameters
* Ensures all activities comply with regulatory agency
* Ensures prompt submission of high-quality of all images and
documents sent to PACS (image quality, correct lead markers and
* Assists in maintaining a clean, safe, and orderly department to
include procedure rooms, storage areas, dressing rooms, film
storage area and any other areas in department.
What You Will Need
* Required Credential(s):
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date. For current
incumbents as of 4/30/18, BLS required upon expiration of Heart
* One or more of the following:
* Cardiographic Tech credentialed from the Cardiovascular
Credentialing International (CCI) obtained prior to hire date or
job transfer date.
* Radiologic Technologist specializing in Sonography credentialed
from the American Registry of Radiologic Technologists (ARRT)
obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
* Medical Sonographer credentialed from the American Registry for
Diagnostic Medical Sonography (ARDMS) obtained prior to hire date
or job transfer date.
* High school diploma/GED with 2 years of experience, or
Associate's degree, or Technical degree required
* 1 year of experience required.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal
and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment
practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran
No question or item on this application for employment is intended
to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Information obtained through this application will be used solely
to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This
application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Nashville , Lead Technologist-Sonography, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!