Pharmacy Automation Manager
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider
performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership
model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions
that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are
headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500
hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member
locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician
practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with
more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading
providers of healthcare services.-- HCA operates over 170 locally
managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20
states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the
world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row.--At HCA,
we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human
life.--Job SummaryThisposition will support the implementations,
maintenance andcommunication of the Pharmacy Automation for
pharmacy services which includes,but not limited to the Pyxis
Enterprise Server solution. This role will be responsible
formanaging the master pharmacy Pyxis files, coordinating master
filesynchronization with all division Pyxis servers, Pyxis system
data analysisand/or data cleansing to maintain the integrity of the
master pharmacy Pyxisfiles.---- --Essential Duties
andResponsibilities Include, but are limited to:--Leadership
- Assess and assist in providing leadership in thearea of the
Pyxis ES pharmacy system capabilities and functionality to
supportdesign, access, and master file standardization, and to
guide and supportpharmacy and end user operations and workflow
recommendations, in accordancewith organizational strategy,
regulations, and industry standards.
- Assimilates information from variety of sources,able to analyze
data and make recommendations and executes a course of action.
- Assist in developing and achieving establishedtargets.
- Develops,implements, and coordinates within the hospital or
system policies andprocedures related to implementation of pharmacy
Pyxis standardization and itemmaintenance.
- Servesas subject matter expert regarding Pyxis ES
system.--Pyxis ES Design,Dictionary and Item Master File
Standardization and Maintenance
- Researchesand trends information from reports or data files
from multiple divisions andconsolidated service centers.
- Providesdata reports, analysis and/or data cleansing at routine
intervals to supportoptimization of Pyxis item files and user
- Managesall-- requests for Pyxis ES design or drugdictionary
changes to the enterprise system standards and strategy.
- Supportalignment of division ES server settings and files to
standard corporate designand access standards.
- Assistin development-- and ongoing Pyxis design,access, report,
and workflow optimization strategies and tools, working withsystem
and division leads.
- Participatesin preparation, implementation and revision of
pharmacy staff training andcompetencies related to Pyxis use and
- Assistsin communicating facility drug file issues and requests
to CSC pharmacy teamand division pharmacy team.
- Assistswith testing and implementation of software upgrades for
the Pyxis ES system.
- Workswith pharmacy internal control analyst to update item
files resulting fromshortages, contracting changes or formulary
- Maintainssystem protocols by reviewing and updating procedures
- Performsquality assurance monitoring to ensure best practice
and compliance withcorporate standards and regulatory
- Assistsin development of performance dashboards related to
- Assistswith evaluation of future medication automation products
for all vendorsconsidered beneficial to organization.Qualifications
- Associatesrequired and Bachelor---s degree highly
- Aminimum of 3-5 years in a role with pharmacy automation,
reporting, andinventory management oversight experience in an acute
care organization orsimilar setting required.
- Musthave knowledge of pharmacy activities and duties including
drug terminology,pharmacy terminology, and nomenclature.
- Anunderstanding of acute care pharmacy operations, including
medicationdistribution workflow, inventory practices, access
controls and generalmedication use is required.
- Requiresknowledge of industry regulations and standards for
acute care safe medicationdistribution, storage, and access,
diversion prevention strategies, monitoring,and inventory
- Mustdemonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
such as Excel,Power-Point, and Access database, and others as
required.----Benefits of working at HealthTrustOur benefits package
allows you to select the options that best meet the needs of you
and your family.--Benefits--include--401k with a company match,
paid time off, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both
health and day care, life insurance, disability, tuition
reimbursement and--student loan repayment, employee discount
program, employee stock purchase program.--We are an equal
opportunity employer and we value diversity at our company. We do
not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national
origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran
status, or disability status.--#HTrustBCOM--
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: HealthTrust, Nashville , Pharmacy Automation Manager, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!