Dental Assistant - Prosthodontist
Company: ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers
Posted on: July 15, 2019
Dental Assistant - Prosthodontist
We are seeking a Dental Assistant - Prosth. The Prosthodontist
Dental Assistant works under a dentist's supervision to prepare
equipment that will be used in dentistry procedures, to ready
patients for these procedures, and to help the dentist during these
procedures by passing instruments, holding the suction catheter in
place, and generally anticipating the dentist's needs. Some Other
responsibilities may include sophisticated functions such as
removing sutures, processing x-rays and taking the oral impressions
that are used to fit crowns.
- Work under the direct supervision of the
- Perform a variety of patient care, office, and laboratory
duties, including but not limited to providing chair-side
assistance while dentists examine and treat patients.
- Ensure patients are as comfortable as possible in the dental
chair, prepare them for treatment, and obtain their dental
- Hand instruments and materials to dentists and keep patients'
mouths dry and clear by using suction or other devices.
- Sterilize and disinfect instruments and equipment, prepare
trays of instruments for dental procedures, and instruct patients
on postoperative and general oral health care.
- Prepare materials for impressions and restorations, take dental
x rays, and process x-ray film as directed by a dentist.
- Handle other radiological equipment and assist patients with
these procedures as directed by a dentist
- Perform office duties as needed including: scheduling and
confirming appointments, receiving patients, keeping treatment
records, sending bills, receiving payments, and ordering dental
supplies and materials.
- Assist in specialty areas such as oral surgery, periodontics
(treatment of gum disease) and prosthodontics (replacement of
missing teeth) including dental implantology
- Support and assist the hygienist as needed, including but not
limited to cleaning trays, room setups and cleanups.
- Help track the inventory of the prosthetic supplies and keep
the storage closet organized.
- Support the radiographic needs of the Patient Education
Consultants, Oral Surgeon, & Hygienists.
- Dental assistants work in a well-lighted, clean
- Work area is usually near the dental chair to allow for
arranging instruments, materials, and medication and handing them
to the dentist when needed.
- Dental assistants must wear gloves, masks, eyewear, and
protective clothing to protect themselves and their patients from
- Follow safety procedures to minimize the risks associated with
the use of x-ray machines.
- Certified as a Dental Assistant by the A.D.A.
- Two years of Dental Assistant experience
- Dental implant experience, desired
- Must be reliable, work well with others in a fast paced
environment, and have good manual dexterity.
- Must have current certification in cardiopulmonary
- Regularly required to work in an office environment at both
his/her own and others' desks/offices
- Required daily to walk the floor, sometimes for extended
periods and be able to help wherever needed
- Able to regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds
- Able to stand for extended periods of time
- Able to keep hand and arm steady while moving arm or while
holding arm and hand in one position
- Able to make precisely coordinated movements of the fingers of
one or both hands to grasp, manipulate or assemble very small
- Able to quickly and repeatedly adjust the controls of a machine
to exact positions
- Able to bend, stretch, twist and/or reach with your body, arms
- Must possess good multi-limb coordination i.e. the ability to
coordinate two or more limbs while sitting or standing
- Must possess good trunk strength i.e. the ability to use
abdominal or lower back muscles to support part of the body
continuously or repeatedly over time without "giving out" or
- Able to shift back and forth between two or more activities or
sources of information
- Good manual dexterity required to enable safe, skillful use of
instruments while working in the mouth
Keywords: ClearChoice Dental Implant Centers, Nashville , Dental Assistant - Prosthodontist, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!