Psychiatric Nurse - LPN
Company: Centennial Medical Center
Posted on: May 19, 2019
SHIFT: Nights (rotating weekends)
Centennial Medical Center- Nashville, TN
Psychiatric Services Nurse (LPN) - Parthenon Memory Care
Member of the TriStar Division of HCA
Our Mission- Above all else, we're committed to the care and
improvement of human life.
For us, it's all about people. Here at HCA, you will find that
caring extends to our patients, employees, and the communities we
serve. It is demonstrated by industry leading patient satisfaction
scores, defined pathways for your personal and professional growth,
and the impact of the over 30,000 volunteer hours we provide
annually. Our dedication has led to awards of recognition including
being named a World's Most Admired Company by Fortune Magazine.
Are you looking for an employer with many different career options
and a people-focused culture? You've come to the right place. HCA
at a glance
A few of the benefits we provide you:
* Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy-
* Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness Programs
* 401k (3%-9% match based on tenure)
* Employee Stock Purchase Plan
* Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance
* New Extended Family Leave
* Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
* Hundreds of consumer discounts
* Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial Planner
About this opportunity:
Our 657 bed hospital is both nationally and locally recognized,
including being named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in
the areas of cardiology, stroke, orthopedics and breast cancer
management. As a result of the continued advances in quality care,
many improvements in all areas of healthcare have been made and
thousands of lives have been significantly impacted. This position
will play a key part in continuing our success!
The Memory Care Program is a Nationally Recognized for Violence and
Restraint Reduction and Joint Commission Accreditation for Memory
Care Services, 24-bed inpatient program that houses both voluntary
and involuntary geriatric patients who suffer with neuro-cognitive
disorders. The program focuses on patient care, medication
management, coping skills, family therapy, individual therapies,
and group therapies to include Music Therapy, Reminiscent Therapy,
ADL coaching, Grief Counseling, and Process Therapy.
* You will oversee and direct the care of psychiatric patients
within the Memory Care Department.
* You will be the primary nurse leading the collaboration of all
disciplines for well-coordinated care for your patients.
* This Nurse oversees and directs the care of assisting personnel,
maintaining final accountability for the care given to assigned
* When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned by
* Demonstrates clinical knowledge of psychiatric nursing and
maintains highest quality of comprehensive patient care.
* Displays effective communication skills and maintains therapeutic
relationships with patients, families, physicians and staff.
* Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and
* Documents all patient care.
* Participate in Performance Improvement activities.
APPLY ONLINE TODAY TO AVOID ANY DELAYS!!
* Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with external and
* Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing
* Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or Compact
* American Heart Association Basic Life Support (BLS) Health Care
* Psychiatric or Behavioral Health Services experience
* CPI (preferred) - REQUIRED within 30 days of hire
Keywords: Centennial Medical Center, Nashville , Psychiatric Nurse - LPN, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!