Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) - RN - FT/Nights
Posted on: May 19, 2019
We Are Hiring
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Intensive Care Unit - MICU
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night
Why Join Ascension?
Saint Thomas Health, part of Ascension, is a family of Middle
Tennessee hospitals and physician practices united by a single
mission: to provide spiritually centered, holistic care that
sustains and improves the health of the communities we serve. Saint
Thomas Health is the leading faith-based healthcare system in
Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been
devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission
is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are
poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and
communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from
across the Southeast every year. Saint Thomas West provides
excellence in clinical care to cardiac patients with a broad
spectrum of diagnoses.
What Saint Thomas West has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and
influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while
offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and
their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and
services we provide to the community. Through this development, our
associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a
competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of
flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through
generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company
with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized
care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions
to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges. What You
As a Registered Nurse in Medical ICU at Saint Thomas West, you will
provide direct nursing care for patients with life-threatening
medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting opportunity for
RN's who are flexible, energetic, compassionate, and looking for
new challenges in a supportive environment.
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical
equipment function properly.
- Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of
the healthcare team.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families
to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and
protocols for treatment
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission
effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission
Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who
lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence -
Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom -
Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous
Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
- Required Credential(s):
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date
or job transfer date.
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- Minimum of (6) months of acute care, or hospital floor
experience preferred. Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal
and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment
practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran
No question or item on this application for employment is intended
to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Information obtained through this application will be used solely
to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This
application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Nashville , Medical Intensive Care Unit (MICU) - RN - FT/Nights, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!