Medical Collections Specialist
Company: Premier Ambulatory Surgery Center
Posted on: May 19, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
HCA has been recognized as a WORLD'S MOST ADMIRED COMPANY in the
Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by FORTUNE MAGAZINE. The
Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with
physicians 130+ surgery centers across the United States. Our cases
are performed Monday-Friday which means NO NIGHTS, NO WEEKENDS, OR
ON-CALL will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally
creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared
focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we
serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance
plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to
cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition
to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a
matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP).
Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels,
rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately,
you are encouraged to apply today!
GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES: Contributes to the company completing
the follow-up and collection from third party payers and self pay
accounts to enhance cash flow and obtain associated reimbursement
based on established contracts.
DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
* Performs follow up activities on all accounts to ensure prompt
* Maintains daily queue on desktop.
* Identifies and corrects any coding or billing problems from
* Monitors insurance claims by running appropriate reports and
contacting insurance companies to resolve claims that are not paid
in a timely manner.
* Prepares accounts for rebilling and for filing secondary
insurance; sends to carrier with necessary documents, as
* Completes filing and follow-up on insurance denials with coder
and physicians to obtain reimbursement.
* Handles patient and insurance inquiries.
* Updates the patient account record to identify actions taken on
* Updates AdvantX using daypack and re-files claims, as
* Assigns Bad Debt accounts to Collection Agency as approved by
* Acts as a liaison in collection of third party accounts, as
required per Center practices.
* Completes the reconciliation of accounts that are turned over to
* Administers Center contracts with third party payers including
Medicare and Medicaid, in accordance with facility practices, as
determined through facility processes.
* Notifies BOM/Administrator of contractual issues that are
contrary or inconsistent with contract language.
* Negotiates payment plans on self pay accounts utilizing
established policies regarding Settlement Discounts.
* Completes weekly reporting to BOM and Administrator involving
* Responsible for achieving and maintaining accounts receivable
* Responsible for the reduction and maintenance of bad debt.
* Performs reviews and turnovers of aged accounts to an outside
collection agency for 1st placements and bad debt.
* Follows Best Practices regarding initial follow-up at 21- 28 days
for insurance claims and subsequent follow-up every 14-21 days.
* Answers telephones.
* Attends required meetings and participates in committees.
* Provides business office and admissions back up as needed.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
* PC Skills - Demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office (Excel,
Word, and Outlook) applications; knowledge of, or ability to learn,
AdvantX - Accounts Receivable System, Smart, HOST and other systems
as required. Demonstrates ability to type on PC keyboard.
* Knowledge of commercial, Medicare, Medicaid, HMO/PPO, Tricare
insurance operating procedures and contracts, and basic medical
* Minimum (1) year of experience in a medical office setting (i.e.
ambulatory surgery center, hospital, doctors office) highly
* Knowledge of managed care payers and medical terminology
* Basic Life Support (BLS) may be required as per facility
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: Premier Ambulatory Surgery Center, Nashville , Medical Collections Specialist, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!