Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute Care Surgical Unit - Nashville
Posted on: May 19, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: RN- Inpatient Acute Care Surgical
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas Midtown Hospital
Department: 4 Kidd Surgical
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Night, 36 hours, Weekly
Why Join Ascension?
What You Will Do
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Nurse in our inpatient acute care surgical floor at
Saint Thomas Midtown, you will provide direct nursing care for all
GI surgical patients. This will include general abdominal surgery,
colon surgery, bariatric surgery, as well as vascular surgeries.
These illnesses are mostly intermediate, but you will experience
plenty of complex surgery patients.
- Implements and monitors patient care plans.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as
- Update documented records and provide patients with support and
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
- Notes and carries out physician and nursing orders.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs
with members of the healthcare team. You will do all of this while
contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit
embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support
the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of
life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal
leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and
joy in our ministry
If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
transfer date. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
Bachelor's degree in nursing preferred Work Experience:
- 1 Year Preferred Technical Experience. Saint Thomas Healthcare
Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet .
As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's
largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to
delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special
attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable.
We believe our people are our strength and we invest in them.
We provide Our Nurses:
- Staffing Support: We offer flexible staffing based on patient
volume so nurses don't get overwhelmed.
- Teamwork: Our open, highly collaborative work environment
allows nurses to identify and share ideas across disciplines so we
can all give better care
- Scheduling: From self-scheduling to flexible shifts, we're
implementing new ways to offer nurses more and better options.
- Learning: Beyond helping to identify areas of improvement
daily, our nurses also get access to a wide range of learning
opportunities and support. What Saint Thomas Midtown has to offer:
- Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go
each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects
talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and
influences the community that we serve.
- Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while
offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Professional Development: By supporting our associates and
their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and
services we provide to the community. Through this development, our
associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
- Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a
competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of
flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through
generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
- Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company
with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized
care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions
to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges. About
Saint Thomas Midtown:
- Largest obstetrical program in Tennessee, region and Ascension
Health with 6,600 births annually
- 58,000+ ED visits
- State of the art, newly renovated orthopedic institute
- Newly opened comprehensive cancer institute
- Robust robotic surgical program Nashville
Known as "Music City", Nashville is the place to be to hear live
music and is home to some of America's most exciting music
attractions like the Grand Ole Opry and the Country Music Hall of
Fame. Nashville is the capital of Tennessee and approximately 2
million people call the metro area home. The city is a great place
to work, live and raise a family. It has an abundance of amazing
places to eat and outdoor activities; all with a touch of southern
charm. Nashvillians can be found enjoying the Cumberland river or
out swimming in one of the many lakes surrounding the city,
attending a Titans or Predators game, or eating the Nashville
famous hot chicken. Nashville prides itself in its education system
and is often called the "Athens of the South" because of the
amazing universities in the city such as Vanderbilt or Belmont to
name a few. Nashville has more accolades than you can count, but
several recent most notable ones include:
- Nashville was named one of America's Best Cities for Beer and
Brewery Tours, and one of the 10 Best Foodie Vacations in America
by TripAdvisor. (June 2018)
- Nashville was included in The World's Best Cities 2018 by Best
Cities. (March 2018)
- The following categories of South's Best 2018 by Southern
Living included Nashville: The South's Best Cities, The South's
Friendliest Cities, The South's Best Food Cities. (March 2018)
- The Nashville Predators were named The Best Franchise in Sports
by ESPN. (October 2017)
- The Best Big Cities in the U.S. list by Cond Nast Traveler
included Nashville. (October 2017) What You Will Need
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal
and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment
practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran
No question or item on this application for employment is intended
to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Information obtained through this application will be used solely
to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This
application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN) - Acute Care Surgical Unit - Nashville, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!