Senior Administrative Assistant (Clinical Services Group)
Company: HCA Healthcare
Posted on: April 19, 2019
DESCRIPTION SHIFT: No Weekends
Nashville-based HCA is one of the nation's leading providers of
healthcare services, operating 171 locally managed hospitals and
119 freestanding surgery centers in 20 states and the United
Kingdom. With its founding in 1968, HCA created a new model for
hospital care in the United States, using combined resources to
strengthen hospitals, deliver patient-focused care and improve the
practice of medicine. HCA has conducted a number of clinical
studies, including one that demonstrated that full-term delivery is
healthier than early elective delivery of babies and another that
identified a clinical protocol that can reduce bloodstream
infections in ICU patients by 44 percent. HCA is a learning
healthcare system that uses its more than 27 million annual patient
encounters to advance science, improve patient care and save
The Clinical Services Group (CSG) is responsible for the
development and implementation of HCA's Electronic Health Record
(EHR) program as well as the expansion of business processes and
performance related to HCA's Clinical Agenda.
The Senior Administrative Assistant is responsible for providing a
high level of professionalism and confidentiality in a fast-paced
environment, often under pressure, remaining flexible, proactive,
resourceful, and efficient. This role reports to the President,
Clinical Services Group and Chief Medical Officer.
* Administrative Support--Performs complex administrative duties,
including coordinating resources across corporate functions.
Composes routine correspondence with internal and external
* Executive Calendar Management--Interaction with both internal and
external executives and assistants, as well as consultants.
Coordination of a variety of complex executive meetings. Must be
able to use best judgment to prioritize the executive's time based
on greatest need. Travel scheduling for multiple executives,
logistics manipulation, and problem-solving.
* Time Management--Conserves executive's time by reading,
researching, and routing correspondence; drafting internal and
external correspondence; collecting and analyzing information;
initiating telecommunications. Ability to multi-task and meet
* Document preparation and record management, including processing
expense reports and invoices; handling mail, faxes and copying as
needed; maintaining department phone and email distribution lists;
maintaining department organizational charts and updating HCA
website information as needed.
* Event Coordinating--Plan functions as requested, including
negotiation with outside vendors for services.
* Project Management--Lead multiple projects simultaneously;
utilize exceptional follow-up skills.
* Communications--Expert level oral and written communication
skills. Ability to communicate vertically and laterally within the
organization at all levels. Interact with clients, vendors, and
* Practice and adhere to the \\"Code of Conduct\\" philosophy and
\\"Mission and Value Statement.\\"
* Coordinating and scheduling small and large scale meeting and
conference call logistics (to include teleconference and webex live
video). Attends meetings when assigned and reports on actions.
* Oversee and ensure adequate supplies for department.
* Completes all arrangements for new departmental employees
(schedules new employee orientation and Code of Conduct sessions,
* Performs special projects and tasks as assigned to support
department priorities, utilizing exceptional follow-up skills.
* Complete other duties as assigned.
* Coordinates necessary travel arrangements and processes travel
expense reports via Concur and prepares reimbursement reports as
* Assists others with scheduling and travel, as requested.
* Schedules meetings (internal/external to the organization)
conference calls, teleconferences and web seminars as
* Maintains Outlook calendars and email as assigned.
* Prepares reports for company activities as required.
* Performs a wide variety of duties such as, composing
correspondence, preparation of forms, charts, schedules, and
presentation materials as needed.
* Establishes and maintains confidential and operational files for
the Executive Team and maintains confidential and operational files
* Maintains a master list of current personnel supporting division
operations as assigned by division executives.
* Communicates changes to corporate personnel responsible for
managing these lists.
* Coordinates and schedules activities for outside Board
* Maintains the Division policy & procedure manuals.
* Answers phones and screens phone calls, assists and directs
callers and takes messages.
* Maintains schedule of use of conference rooms.
* Sorts and distributes mail and other deliveries.
* Prepares packages for overnight delivery.
* Orders supplies as requested.
* Flexible in supporting any office projects needing extra
attention due to specific deadlines.
* Assists other administrative support staff in projects and
cross-coverage if needed.
* Practice and adhere to the HCA Code of Conduct and HCA Mission,
* Strong decision-making ability.
* Provides a high level of professionalism and confidentiality in a
fast-paced, high-stress environment that requires 24/7 support of
executive which requires remaining flexible, relentless,
resourceful and efficient.
* Communicates clearly and concisely, in both written and verbal
* Professional demeanor with previous experience in interacting and
with and providing assistance to executive leadership in a large,
* Self-directed team player with the ability to initiate and
complete assigned tasks and projects, demonstrating attention to
detail and ability to follow through. Takes ownership of assigned
tasks and projects. Manages multiple tasks and projects for
multiple owners simultaneously.
* Establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships,
building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding
* Must be self-directed and able to complete projects with limited
supervision. Skilled at organizing tasks and projects in a timely
and orderly manner.
* Ability to perform basic mathematical calculations, balance and
reconcile figures, punctuate properly, and spell correctly.
* Demonstrates high level of proficiency with MS Office products,
including but not limited to Outlook, Word, Excel, and
* The successful candidate is energetic, organized, flexible, and
proactive; has the ability to anticipate needs, think ahead,
possesses strong critical thinking skills, and ability to use
judgment when resolving issues on behalf of senior officer and
* Excellent customer service skills in personal, telephone and
* Ability to work and participate in a team environment within and
* BA or BS Degree or equivalent work experience.
* Three plus years of administrative and/or related experience
* Healthcare experience preferred
We are committed to:
Providing an inclusive work environment where everyone is treated
with fairness, dignity and respect.
Recruiting and retaining a diverse staff reflective of the patients
and communities we serve.
Equal employment opportunities are provided to all employees and
applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion,
gender, national origin, citizenship, age, disability, sexual
orientation, genetic information, gender identity, protected
veteran status, or any other legally protected category in
accordance to applicable federal, state, or local laws.
Keywords: HCA Healthcare, Nashville , Senior Administrative Assistant (Clinical Services Group), Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!