Clinical Lab Assistant I - 5100
Posted on: January 15, 2019
WORK SCHEDULE: Mon-Fri 11:00pm-7:00am JOB SUMMARY: The person in this position is a Lab Assistant who performs various functions in the lab to include data entry, answering telephones, mail distribution, copying, faxing, scanning, sending reports, reference lab issues, specimen handling, and assisting department with secretarial functions. JOB RESPONSIBILITIES ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Performs data entry concerning patient demographics information, copying requisitions for case folders, and imaging.
- Handling of specialty specimens including assembling specimen folders, printing labels, sorting samples by department, filling out paperwork for add-on testing and sending out samples for reference testing.
- Cover-slip, clean, and file specialty testing slides.
- Maintaining and stocking consumable supplies for the department.
- Receive inbound calls from physicians, laboratories, nurses, clients, sales reps, clinics, and hospitals and directs those calls to appropriate personnel and communicate with clients, as necessary.
- Collect information related to client inquiries/complaints and communicate to Client Services Representative for follow-up and response.
- Handle difficult calls tactfully, courteously, and professionally.
- Routine clerical duties including filing, faxing, inventory of supplies for the various departments, receiving and distributing mail.
- Exercise all laboratory safety precautions and adhere to lab procedures as stated in procedure manuals.
- Perform all job responsibilities in alignment with the industry's best security practices and regulatory guidelines to protect the confidentiality, integrity, and availability of protected health information and other sensitive company data.
- Must be familiar with and abide by the Corporate Compliance Program and all Corporate policies, including the Privacy and Security policies.NON-ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS:
- Work with other departments within PathGroup and subsidiaries.
- Nothing in the job description restricts management's right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Other duties as assigned. EDUCATION & LICENSURE:
- High School Diploma or GED is required.
- In process of obtaining a Bachelors of Science or Associates degree is preferred.REQUIREMENTS:
- Minimum of one year of previous health care environment job-related experience is required.
Keywords: PathGroup, Nashville , Clinical Lab Assistant I - 5100, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!