RN - Registered Nurse ICU
Company: Saint Thomas, TN
Posted on: November 11, 2018
Job ID: 245444
RN - Registered Nurse ICU
Additional Job Information Title:--RN - Critical Care
City, State:-- Nashville,TN
Location:-- St Thomas West Hospital
Department:---- Critical Care Unit
Additional Job Details:----Full-Time, Rotating,--36 hours,Weekly
Job Description Why Saint Thomas West:
For over one hundred years, Saint Thomas West Hospital has been devoted to physical, emotional and spiritual healing. Our mission is to serve all persons, with special attention to those who are poor and vulnerable, while improving the health of individuals and communities. Our 541 acute beds serve over 21,000 patients from across the Southeast every year. One of the top 50 cardiac hospitals in the country, Saint Thomas West provides excellence in clinical care to cardiac patients with a broad spectrum of diagnoses.
What Saint Thomas West has to offer:
Power of Purpose: For us, work is more than the place we go each day. It's an environment that nurtures relationships, connects talent, and understands patients. Our innovative spirit impacts and influences the community that we serve.
Culture of Teamwork: We encourage diversity of talents while offering the support of a multi-disciplinary team.
Professional Development: By supporting our associates and their professional development, we ultimately enhance the care and services we provide to the community. Through this development, our associates find new opportunities for career advancement.
Compensation/Benefits: Saint Thomas Health provides a competitive compensation package inclusive of a wide range of flexible benefit options. We support work-life balance through generous paid time off and encourage spirituality in the workplace.
Innovative Environment: We are a progressive, stable company with 120 years of experience in delivering world-class personalized care. At Saint Thomas Health, we are actively trying new solutions to help overcome some of healthcare's toughest challenges.
What You Will Do:
As a Registered Nurse in the newly expanded ICU at Saint Thomas West, you will provide direct nursing care for patients with life-threatening medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, compassionate, and looking for new challenges in a supportive environment.
- Highest Acuity of all Saint Thomas Hospitals
- Offer Care for Heart Transplants, ECMO, VADs, IABPs, CRRT, RotoProne, Impella, IVHT
- Comprehensive Stroke Center- care for complicated Neuro patients
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care plans.
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical equipment function properly.
- Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical developments.
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of the healthcare team.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future treatment.
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and protocols for treatment
- Registered Nurse's with VAD or ECMO experience includes an additional shift differential between $3.00-$5.00/hr when caring for this population of patients
- Provide quality care for some of the highest acuity patients in Tennessee
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.-- Creativity - Courageous Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
If you're looking for a career where you can put your skills and experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need:
- Advanced Life Support--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained within--6 Months (180 days)--of hire date or job transfer date.--
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:-- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Tennessee Board of Nursing--or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- NIH Stroke Scale
- Diploma--Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing
- Minimum of one (1) year of acute care, or hospital floor experience.
- Clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years preferred.
Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer: M/F/Disabled/Vet.
As the largest non-profit health system in the U.S. and the world's largest Catholic health system, Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate, personalized care to all, with special attention to persons living in poverty and those most vulnerable. We believe our people are our strength and we invest in them.
How To Apply How to Apply
For questions or assistance with completing the online application, please contact Ascension candidate care at 855-778-6037.
Equal Employment Opportunity Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status.
No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.-- Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.--
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants.
Keywords: Saint Thomas, TN, Nashville , RN - Registered Nurse ICU, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!