Company: Southern Hills Medical Center
Posted on: September 15, 2018
TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center -Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Post- Anesthesia Care Unit (PACU) For more than 30 years, TriStar Southern Hills has been a leader for a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency services, cardiology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery and rehabilitation. Serving our community since October 15, 1979, TriStar Southern Hills continues to grow and evolve. Since that time, the hospital has grown to 126 beds and serves three counties, including Davidson, Williamson and Rutherford. TriStar Southern Hills medical staff currently has over 300 members representing more than 20 specialties. All are board certified or board eligible. We are recognized as both a Certified Stroke and Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission as well as by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. There is a great culture of caring at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center. When we asked our employees to develop an acronym best representing the care we give, they chose: H.E.A.R.T. (Healing, Empathetic, Attentive, Respectful, Together). Serving our patients with the H.E.A.R.T. of a servant is our goal. Schedule: Four (4) Ten (10) hour days. (4X10) Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, I SERVE values, and Patient Promise.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Creates and maintains accurate, detailed reports and records.
- Coordinates and supervises patient care.
- Gives care to the patient, reflecting flexibility in rules and regulations, as indicated by individual patient needs.
- Makes decisions reflecting knowledge of facts, knowledge of diseases/surgical conditions, care required and good judgment.
- Performance reflects knowledge in all areas of care specific to outpatient surgery (i.e., GI, autologous, conscious sedation, Cath Lab, blood transfusion, chemo, IVIG).
- Organizes and manages nursing activities reflecting due consideration for patients' needs and the needs of the facility and staff.
- Utilizes initiative; strives to maintain steady level of productivity; a self starter; compatible and supportive; a team player.
- Knowledge of medications and IV fluids and their correct administration, based on age of the patient and patient's clinical condition.
- Ability to perform a head-to-toe preoperative assessment on all patients and reassesses, as needed postoperatively. This includes pediatric, geriatric and the general patient population.
- Ability to formulate an individualized plan of care, as indicated, and evaluates for effectiveness. Formulates a teaching plan, based on identified patient learning needs, and evaluates effectiveness of learning; family is included in teaching, as appropriate, from preop to discharge.
- Provides patient with explanation and verbal reassurance consistently.
- Identifies physical symptoms and changes and takes appropriate action in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of cardiac monitoring and can identify dysrhythmias.
- Communicates appropriately and clearly to Ambulatory Care Services Nurse Manager, co-workers and physicians.
- Consults other departments, as needed and as appropriate, to provide for an interdisciplinary approach to the patient's needs.
- Demonstrates an ability to assist physicians in the OPS/GI unit.
- Demonstrates an ability to be flexible, organized and function under stressful situations.
- Treats patients and their families with respect and dignity. Practices good guest relations.
- Maintains a good working relationship and effective communication both within the department and with other departments for the benefit of the patient
- Meets current documentation standards and policies and completes within the shift.
- Identifies and addresses psychosocial needs of patients and family.
- Carries out medical and surgical asepsis during treatments and special procedures. Qualifications:
- RN licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- BLS from the American Heart Association.
Keywords: Southern Hills Medical Center, Nashville , PACU Nurse, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!