Company: Southern Hills Medical Center
Posted on: September 15, 2018
TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center - Nashville, TN Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy For more than 30 years, TriStar Southern Hills has been a leader for a wide range of healthcare services, including emergency services, cardiology, orthopaedics, neurosurgery and rehabilitation. Serving our community since October 15, 1979, TriStar Southern Hills continues to grow and evolve. Since that time, the hospital has grown to 126 beds and serves three counties, including Davidson, Williamson and Rutherford. TriStar Southern Hills medical staff currently has over 300 members representing more than 20 specialties. All are board certified or board eligible. We are recognized as both a Certified Stroke and Chest Pain Center by The Joint Commission as well as by the Society of Chest Pain Centers. There is a great culture of caring at TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center. When we asked our employees to develop an acronym best representing the care we give, they chose: H.E.A.R.T. (Healing, Empathetic, Attentive, Respectful, Together). Serving our patients with the H.E.A.R.T. of a servant is our goal. The TriStar Southern Hills Endoscopy Department provides care in the ambulatory setting directed toward meeting both the psychosocial and physical needs of the patient. The goal of the Endoscopy Lab is to provide full service, comprehensive tertiary diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal and pulmonary endoscopic care to patients from age 12 to geriatric in the middle Tennessee area and within the TriStar (HCA) network of hospital services. The TriStar Southern Hills Endoscopy Unit provides both inpatient and outpatient diagnostic and therapeutic gastrointestinal endoscopic and bronchoscopic services. TriStar Southern Hills Medical Center is currently looking for a Registered Nurse (RN) - Endoscopy. Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates the facility's Standards of Performance, I HEART values, and Patient Promise.
- Assesses, monitors, records, reports, and follows through on symptoms or changes in patients' conditions.
- Provides nursing care to the patient undergoing endoscopic procedures.
- Participates in the care of patients receiving conscious sedation.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, applies dressings, and monitors vital signs.
- Assists physician during examination and procedures.
- Coordinates the procedure room with respect to sterility, cleanliness, availability of functioning endoscopic equipment and supplies.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Orients and mentors new staff members. Previous ER or Procedural experience preferred. Schedule: Full Time M-F Department: Endoscopy On Call: Required - 30 minute call back time Qualifications:
- RN licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing or a Board of Nursing from a compact state.
- BLS from the American Heart Association.
- ACLS within 6 months of hire
- On Call requirement
Keywords: Southern Hills Medical Center, Nashville , Endoscopy Nurse, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!