RN - Registered Nurse - Orthopedic
Company: Saint Thomas, TN
Posted on: September 15, 2018
Job ID: 238813 RN - Registered Nurse - Orthopedic Nashville, Tennessee Regular / Rotating Additional Job Information Title:--RN - Orthopedic City, State:-- Nashville,TN Location:-- Saint Thomas Midtown Hospital Department:---- Orthopedics Unit 001 Additional Job Details:----FT Rotating-- Night shift. 7P-7A Job Description Job Summary: 8E is a fast paced total joint replacement unit specializing in the care of patients undergoing elective total knee, hip, and shoulder replacements. The 8th floor is a beautiful, newly remodeled area with a ---hospital within a hospital--- feel. Holding, recovery, operating rooms, sterile processing, and inpatient units are all located on the same floor and patients undergoing these elective procedures anticipate never leaving the 8th floor. Potential associates can expect to have an abundance of resources dedicated to the area as members of the interdisciplinary teams are dedicated to the area. Dedicated team members include, but are not limited to: unit based Nurse Practitioners, Pharmacists, Case Managers, Physical Therapy, Intensivists, --etc. Skills you would expect to develop with this patient population are education, antibiotic administration, pain management, post-operative care and ensuring excellent patient experience and outcomes. We are a cohesive, high-spirited team that thrive on producing the best outcomes not only for patients, but our associates as well. -- Responsibilities:
- Recognizes common manifestations of musculoskeletal disorders and implements and monitors patient care plans. Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate.
- Serves as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for well-coordinated patient care.
- Identifies types of orthopedic surgery and performs appropriate preoperative management and nursing care.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission Statement: A. Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack resources for a reasonable quality of life.B. Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life.C. Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.D. Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.E. Creativity - Courageous Innovation.F. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
- Assesses and coordinates discharge planning needs with patient, family, and members of the healthcare team.
- Assesses the physical and psychological status of patients, provides interventions/treatments and evaluates effectiveness of care to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Evaluates learning needs of patient and family and provides age-specific and culturally appropriate education. All other duties as assigned.
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider--credentialed from the--American Heart Association (AHA)--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.--
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed--Registered Nurse--credentialed from the--Tennessee Board of Nursing--or current home state license for multi-state license recognition "Compact State"--obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.-- Education:
- Graduate from an accredited school of professional nursing Work Experience:
- Clinical nursing experience within the past five (5) years preferred. Equal Employment Opportunity Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion, gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran status. No question or item on this application for employment is intended to secure information to be used for such discrimination.-- Information obtained through this application will be used solely to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of completion.-- Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who have applied for a position using our official application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify Statement Share: -->
Keywords: Saint Thomas, TN, Nashville , RN - Registered Nurse - Orthopedic, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!