Clinical Staff Leader Surgical ICU Nights
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Clinical Staff Leader Surgical ICU Nights - 2201848Job :
Registered Nurse - Critical CarePrimary Location :
TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)Organization : SICU
201098Shift: : 7pm - 7amDescriptionJOB SUMMARY:The Clinical Staff
Leader is a direct supervisory leadership role and a key member of
the Nursing leadership team. The CSL leads a cohort of staff
members and actively participates in overall management of the
unit, development of clinical practice, and provision of patient
care with accountabilities for implementation and outcomes for
people leadership, quality, service, compliance, finance,
throughput and scheduling. The primary focus of the Clinical Staff
Leader is to ensure the unit's optimal performance by engaging in
effective problem solving for staff, patients and families and to
develop/lead the assigned cohort. The Clinical Staff Leader
provides feedback and coaching to staff members, recognizing them
for their contributions while fostering a high performance culture.
The CSL works under the guidance and direction of the manager to
develop.DEPARTMENT/UNIT SUMMARY:This Unit cares for adult patients
who are being treated for sepsis, recovering from a liver
transplant, large abdominal surgeries, vascular surgeries, and many
more illnesses. Our patients are unique because we are often
treating complex multi-organ failure. One of the perks of working
on our unit is the excellent culture of teamwork. Staff is always
collaborating to help out with busy admissions or patient
assignments and to find creative solutions to unit problems. The
environment on our unit is fast-paced, serves a diverse patient
population, and utilizes a multidisciplinary approach in which the
nurse is a key player. There are many paths to growth in the
SICU.POSITION SHIFT:Full Time, (40 hours/week); 7PM-7AView how
Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the difference they make
every day:Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:Located in
Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of
individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of
changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be
valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It
is a place where your diversity of culture, thinking, learning and
leading is sought and celebrated. It is a place where employees
know they are part of something that is bigger than themselves,
take exceptional pride in their work and never settle for what was
good enough yesterday. Vanderbilts mission is to advance health and
wellness through preeminent programs in patient care, education,
and research.Achieve the Remarkable:Learn more about VUMC
- Nursing Careers:
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
- Interacts with and contributes to the professional development
of their cohort and other staff as needed.
- Defines standards for quality patient care.
- Develops, manages and evaluates area based on work team
- Manages multiple projects/on-going work activities (timelines,
work plans, deliverables) and maintains alignment with strategic
plan and vision.
- Acts as clinical leader and facilitates education for staff on
clinical standards; routinely provides guidance/coaching to
subordinates/peers within clinical specialty(ies).
- Ensures that clinical assignments are based on patient care
needs and demonstrated staff competencies.
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.Basic
QualificationsPOSITION QUALIFICATIONS:Bachelor's Degree in Nursing
(BSN), and Master of Science in Nursing (MSN) preferred and 1 year
relevant experienceLicensure, Certification, and/or Registration
- Registered Nurse RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed
& Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.Environmental
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.Req ID: 2201848Vanderbilt University
Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Clinical Staff Leader Surgical ICU Nights, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!