Hospice Clinical Liaison (PRN)
Company: Alive Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Hospice Clinical Liaison
Location: Nashville, TN (hospital based)Status: PRN
Alive provides its team members the ability to combine passionfor
healthcare and love of community in ways that impacts us all. Come
serve with us!
SUMMARYHospice Clinical Liaison is a healthcare based professional
responsible for hospital-based outreach, referral management and
growth in admission volume.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- In collaboration with assigned clinical leadership and teams,
works to identify and nurture potential referral sources and other
health-related groups for education and outreach while developing
and maintaining professional relationships and contact with
established providers to promote utilization of hospice services
and understanding of the hospice benefit. Interact with many
patients and potential referral sources and adjusts discussion to
the individuals involved.
- Exhibits superior customer service and critical thinking skills
at all times.
- Collaborates with medical community and/or patients and
families to facilitate and promote eligible hospice admissions
- Works with referral partners within the hospital to identify
and facilitate admissions of patients eligible for GIP level of
care in the hospital or in Alives IPU.
- Manages patient discharge from the hospital; and the admission
process from the hospital to home, IPU, or long-term care
- Coordinates tracking of referral sources, assessment of
utilization of Alive Hospice services and preparation of
- Manages relationships with contracted skilled nursing
facilities and long-term care facilities.
- Self-directs work with little supervision.
- Coordinates educational presentations and in-services.
- Demonstrates good resource management and recognizes the
implications of cost in relation to agency budget.
- Maintains referral source spending log.
- Documents daily within the EMR and CRM.
- Conducts on-site data gathering within scope of practice to
identify needs and provide support to prospective patients,
families and referrals sources.
- Communicates with physicians, medical directors and other
health care providers regarding patient evaluation and response to
plan of care.
- Complete required admission documentation within scope of
- Provides and/or facilitates appropriate interventions during
complex patient referral and admission process.
- Other duties as assigned.SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIESNo
administrative supervisory responsibilities of agency staff.
CONTINUING EDUCATIONThe agency requires the position to complete 15
hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will
contribute to improvements in carrying out the above
responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines
to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including
meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCERegistered Nurse; five years healthcare,
hospice sales and marketing experience preferred.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSMust have current Tennessee or
compact RN license. Current and valid Tennessee drivers license and
automobile insurance as required by Tennessee State Law. While
performing the duties of this job, the employee is often exposed to
use of an automobile. The noise level in the work environment is
Keywords: Alive Hospice, Inc., Nashville , Hospice Clinical Liaison (PRN), Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!