Social Worker/PRN - Nashville based - supports Middle TN Home Care area
Company: Alive Hospice, Inc.
Posted on: January 27, 2023
Social Worker - PRN - Nashville based, supports Middle TN Home Care
Location: Nashville, TN
If you have a passion for people and a desire to provide
outstanding care and comfort to patients and their families,
while working within a professional team focused on clinical
excellency, then we can't wait to speak with you!
SUMMARYThe Social Worker provides an assessment for and provision
of psychosocial services and support to patients and their
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Performs initial and ongoing assessment of the patient and
family's psychosocial status and assists in accessing resources for
social, financial, and community needs for adequately managing care
and dealing with death.
- Upon initial contact with the patient, reviews the services
hospice is responsible for providing. Assists in obtaining informed
- Develops a plan of care that optimizes patient and family
ability to cope with the psychosocial impact of illness and
- Offers support, guidance and counseling in order to diminish
stress and enhance emotional wellbeing.
- Provides information about and/or refers to other community
resources that are available to supplement psychosocial needs.
- Describes additional Alive Hospice support services that may be
used if appropriate, to ease care-giving demands (i.e., Patient
Care Volunteer, Home Health Aide, Respite).
- Educates patient and family about Advance Directives as a means
of promoting self-determined life closure.
- Assists patients and families to complete Advance Directives as
- Initiates opportunities for patient and family to discuss
funeral planning and burial arrangements.
- Participates in interdisciplinary care planning
- Collaborates with other team members about ongoing psychosocial
issues and family dynamics in order to heighten the delivery of
empathetic and emotionally supportive care.
- Assesses family's bereavement needs throughout the duration of
the patient's life and develops a bereavement plan of care for the
family following the patient's death. This includes referral to
Grief Support Services as necessary.
- Facilitates bereavement support groups.
- Conducts presentations to professional and community
organizations about patient services, issues related to death and
dying and bereavement support groups.
- Attends department meetings.
- Serves on department and agency committees.
- Attends mandatory agency in-services as part of continuing
- Completes all clinical documentation in a timely manner, per
Alive Hospice policy.
- Notifies team members of significant changes in patient status,
using established agency procedures.
- Completes required EMR documentation to reflect time worked and
- Follows all agency protocols, policies and procedures
- Participates in the after-hours on call program and is
available to respond in situations when the need for psychosocial
- Other duties may also be assigned.REASONING ABILITYAbility to
demonstrate critical thinking skills. Ability to put into practice
theoretical constructs of professional clinical discipline training
and continuing education. Ability to determine status of
patient/family and respond with appropriate interventions. able to
prioritize and re prioritize based on patient need. Ability to
provide appropriate crisis intervention. Ability to follow
geographic and complex patient/family care directions. Ability to
appropriately delegate, teach and monitor care of peers and
practice extenders. Able to formulate hypotheses, use judgment and
process to problem solve. Ability to apply assessment, planning
implementation and evaluate skills to meet care needs.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONSState of Tennessee licensure
as an L.C.S.W. preferred, or working toward said license. Current
Tennessee driver's license and automobile insurance as required by
PHYSICAL DEMANDSThe physical demands described here are
representative of those that must be met by an employee to
successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing
the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit
and talk and hear. The employee is required to stand; walk; use
hands to finger, handle, or feel; and reach with hands and arms.
The employee is occasionally required to climb or balance. The
employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and
frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision
abilities required by this job include close vision, distance
vision, peripheral vision, depth perception, and ability to adjust
focus. Frequently required to drive an automobile.
WORK ENVIRONMENTThe work environment characteristics described here
are representative of those an employee encounters while performing
the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may
be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently
exposed to outside weather conditions, infectious diseases, and use
of an automobile. The noise level in the work environment is
usually moderate. Patient home and general office setting.
CONTINUING EDUCATIONThe agency requires this position to complete
15 hours of continuing education per year covering topics that will
contribute to improvements in carrying out the above
responsibilities. Regulatory agencies may require some disciplines
to have additional hours in order to be licensed or certified.
QUALIFICATIONSTo perform this job successfully, an individual must
be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily, including
meeting the required competencies. The requirements listed below
are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCEMaster's degree in Social Work from an
accredited school of social work. One (1) year of work experience
preferred in healthcare or agency setting; Hospice experience
Keywords: Alive Hospice, Inc., Nashville , Social Worker/PRN - Nashville based - supports Middle TN Home Care area, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!