Registered Nurse - MidSouth Children's Clinic Gallatin
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: January 26, 2023
Registered Nurse - MidSouth Children's Clinic Gallatin -
2209037Job : Allied HealthPrimary Location : TN-Gallatin-MidSouth
Gallatin Children's ClinicOrganization : VIP MS Pt Svc - Gallatin
119761Shift: : First ShiftDescriptionJOB CODE INFORMATION:
- Title: Registered Nurse
- Job Code: 8984
- Job Stream Description: Professional
- Title: Registered Nurse
- Job Code: 8984
- Job Stream Description: ProfessionalJOB SUMMARY:The Registered
Nurse is responsible for providing professional nursing care for
patients including assessment, treatment, care planning, and
medical care evaluation by following established standards and
practices. Assists physicians and staff in coordinating patient
care. Functions as primary liaison between patients, staff, and
- Obtains patient consent for care and ensures patient
confidentiality. Obtains and documents health history, information
on chief complaint, vital signs, and health risk factors and
assesses disease condition. Provides patient care based on practice
guidelines, standards of care, and federal/state laws and
- Executes prescribed treatments and medical interventions,
administers prescribed medications, and monitors and documents
treatment progress and patient response.
- Delegates as allowed under the Nurse Practice Act. Refers
to/consults with physicians, other health providers, and community
resources to prevent/resolve problems or concerns. Educates
patients and families about health status, health maintenance, and
management of acute and chronic conditions.
- Documents patient assessment and intervention data using
established medical record forms/automated systems and
- Participates in multidisciplinary teams to improve patient care
processes and outcomes. Tracks quality assurance data and monitors
for acute and chronic care management.
- Maintains/reviews patient records, charts, and other pertinent
information. Posts tests and examination results.
- Responds to/refers incoming patient treatment-related phone
- Maintains patient confidentiality.TECHNICAL CAPABILITIES:CORE
ACCOUNTABILITIES:CORE CAPABILITIES:SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm
in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain
knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact
with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal
opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and
modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations
and audiences.DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and
future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to
better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different
angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and
develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support
and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees'
effectiveness.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and
informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning
experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes
of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all
aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety
checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.MANAGING RESOURCES
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership,
focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the
departmental work to effectively manage resources for a
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding
of the information or data to identify and elevate
opportunities.FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new
ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve
processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new
technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as
opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of
emphasizing negative elements.Basic QualificationsGraduate of an
approved discipline specific program (or equivalent experience) :
accredited school of nursing, BSN preferred and 1 year relevant
professional nursing experience, clinic experience
preferredLicensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
- BLS RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical
- Medium Work category requiring exertion up to 50lbs of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 of force frequently and/or up to 10 of
force continually to move objects.Movement
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Crawling:Moving about on hands and knees or hands
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Occasional: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Occasional: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Occasional: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Occasional: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Occasional: Taste: Ability to detect quality, texture,
consistency and taste of prepared foods/quality control.
- Frequent: Noise: May include exposure to occupational noise
levels which equal or exceed an 8-hr time-weighted average of 85
decibels, requiring enrollment in VUMC's Hearing Conservation
Program which includes training, use of hearing protection, and
periodic audiometry.Environmental Conditions
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.Req ID: 2209037Vanderbilt University
Medical Center is committed to principles of equal opportunity and
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse - MidSouth Children's Clinic Gallatin, Healthcare , Gallatin, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!