Registered Nurse (RN)- Charge - Labor & Delivery - Nights
Company: Ascension Health
Posted on: September 26, 2022
We Are Hiring: Ascension Saint Thomas is hiring a Charge RN for
our Labor and Delivery unit at Saint Thomas Midtown. This is a
large, fast paced Labor and Delivery Unit. We have 23 labor beds, a
birthing center with 3 birthing suites, 19 Antepartum beds, and an
OBED with 11 triage bays. This is your opportunity to join
Nashville's largest obstetrics program.Location: -Nashville,
TNFacility: - St Thomas Midtown Hospital -Shift: Full Time, Night
What You Will Do: Coordinate unit staffing and provide leadership
while ensuring implementation of clinical objectives and quality
patient care in assigned area.
- Assign, direct, educate and monitor nursing and support staff
during assigned shift. Contribute to or perform performance
evaluations of staff.
- Assess daily patient care needs and develop and distribute
patient care assignments, ensuring that population appropriate
patient care is given.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of patient care and identify any
issues that affect desired patient outcomes.
- Respond to complaint about patient care and manage through
- May provide input for hiring, training, directing, development
and evaluating of staff.
- Assess and coordinate discharge planning needs with patient,
family, and members of the healthcare team. Evaluate learning needs
of patient and family and provides age-specific and culturally
- Assess the physical and psychological status of patients,
provide interventions/treatments and evaluate effectiveness of care
to achieve desired patient outcomes.
- Monitor patient flow in and out of the unit, delegate patient
care assignments according to skill level of caregiver and acuity
of patient. Assure patient load is equally distributed to ensure
quality patient care and appropriate use of staff. Ensure staff has
necessary equipment and supplies to provide safe, quality patient
care. All other duties as assigned.
- Contribute to Mission effectiveness by promoting the spirit
embodied with the Mission Statement:
- Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who lack
resources for a reasonable quality of life.
- Reverence - Respect and compassion for the dignity and
diversity of life.
- Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership.
- Wisdom - Integrating excellence and stewardship.
- Creativity - Courageous Innovation.
- Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry. What You
Will Need: Licensure / Certification / Registration:
- Advanced Life Support credentialed from the American Heart
Association (AHA) obtained within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date
or job transfer date required.
- BLS Provider obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
- Certification specializing in Neonatal Resuscitation obtained
within 6 Months (180 days) of hire date or job transfer date
- Registered Nurse obtained prior to hire date or job transfer
- One or more of the following required:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
- AHA - Healthcare Provider CPR requiredEducation:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
- 1 year of experience required. Additional Preferences: Must
have prior Labor and Delivery RN experience. Why Join Our Team: As
one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer rewarding
careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a comprehensive
network of affiliated joint ventures, medical practices, clinics
and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more than 8,000 associates
and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to grow, we need
compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey and to help
influence care across our hospitals. We provide our associates with
the support needed to re-energize, engage and experience the joy of
caring for our patients. If you are looking for a rewarding career
in healthcare, we invite you to apply today.When you join
Ascension, you join a team of over 150,000 individuals across the
country committed to a Mission of serving others and providing
compassionate, personalized care to all. Our inclusive culture,
continuing education programs, career coaches and benefit offerings
are just a few of the resources and tools that team members can use
to create a rewarding career path. In fact, Ascension spent nearly
$46 million in tuition assistance alone to support associate growth
and development. If you are looking for a career where you can grow
and make a difference in your community, we invite you to join our
team today. Equal Employment Opportunity Employer: Ascension Saint
Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and affords equal
opportunity to all associates and applicants without regard to
race, color, religion, national origin, citizenship, gender
identity, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability,
veteran status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.For
further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:Please note that
Ascension will make an offer of employment only to individuals who
have applied for a position using our official application. Be on
alert for possible fraudulent offers of employment. Ascension will
not solicit money or banking information from applicants. E-Verify
Statement: This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Keywords: Ascension Health, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN)- Charge - Labor & Delivery - Nights, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!