Certified Surgical Tech Part Time
Company: United Surgical Partners International
Location: Mount Juliet
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Providence Surgery Center performs a broad range of outpatient
surgical procedures. Our mission is to care for every patient and
their family as if they were our own. Each patient, each family,
each and every time.
Anticipates the needs of the surgical team. Establishes and
maintains sterile field during surgical procedures in the operating
room. Reporting Relationship: Reports to Clinical
Essential Job Duties and Responsibilities
* Ensures sterility of all supplies and instruments during set up
of surgical procedures.
* Assists circulating nurse and surgical team in maintaining
* Assists circulating nurse in gathering necessary surgical
supplies and equipment.
* Is responsible for doing sponge, needle, and instrument count
pre-operatively and intra-operative with the circulating nurse.
* Gowns and gloves surgeons and assistants.
* Assists in keeping physician preference cards
* Retains all specimens to be sent to pathology, confirming
source/name of specimen with surgeon.
* Transports all surgical equipment to appropriate cleaning areas.
Assists in sterile supply with cleaning and reprocessing of
* Interacts appropriately and effectively with all patients/others
regardless of age or ethnic background.
* Uses Standard Universal Precautions, appropriate hand hygiene,
personal protective equipment, and safe practices to ensure
personal safety and a safe environment.
* Assists with environmental hazard and infection control
surveillance and participates in emergency preparedness drills.
* Follows all equipment and safety guidelines and is responsible
for knowledgeable use and care of equipment.
* Serves as a resource to other members of the health care
* Attends inservices, conferences, and meetings as required.
* Communicates effectively and courteously with visitors,
physicians, and their office staffs, patients, and employees.
Maintains patient, physician, and employee privacy and
confidentiality per policy.
* Maintains designated certifications such as CPR, as offered by
* Acts in accordance with the vision, mission, and business
philosophy of the Center.
* Complies with Policies and Procedures, and adheres to safety
guidelines to ensure a safe work and patient care environment.
To perform this job successfully, an individual shall be able to
perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed
below are representative of the knowledge, skills, and/or ability
required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable
individuals with disabilities to perform the essential
Education and/or Experience
* High School Diploma/GED; completion of a Scrub Technician
Program. Certification preferable.
* Two years experience as a Scrub Tech in multiple specialties or
an equivalent combination of education and experience.
* Able to deal with problems involving a few concrete variables in
standardized situations. Other skills and abilities: General
familiarity with medical terminology as it pertains to anatomy and
surgical procedures for an operating room.
* The physical demands described here are representative of those
that shall be met by an employee to successfully perform the
essential functions of this job.
* Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with
disabilities to perform the essential functions.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is
frequently required to stand, walk, sit, use hands to finger,
handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and
arms, climb or balance, stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl, talk, and
hear. The employee shall regularly lift and /or move up to 25
pounds and occasionally lift and /or move up to 100 pounds.
* USPI'S EDGE-(Every Day Giving Excellence) USPI'S EDGE is the key
to the differentiation of USPI as a customer-focused company. The
process of completing EDGE- requirements establishes processes and
measurements that are collected, assimilated, and shared throughout
USPI. All employees are involved with EDGE. The involvement can
range from doing their jobs to taking on the role of gathering
and/or entering data into the computer. All employees shall at some
time during their employment be required to participate in the EDGE
program. Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act of
1996 Responsible for knowing the processes involved assuring the
standards established by HIPAA, and ensuring they are followed
including the practices and records relating to the use and
disclosure of Protected Health Information.
* Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described
here are representative of those an employee encounters while
performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable
accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities
to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of
this job, the employee is regularly exposed to toxic or caustic
chemicals. The employee is frequently exposed to fumes or airborne
particles, extreme cold, and the risk of radiation.
* The employee occasionally works near moving mechanical parts and
is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions, and the
risk of electrical shock.
* Preferred Experience in Orthopedics and ENT.
USPI complies with federal, state, and/or local laws regarding
mandatory vaccination of its workforce. If you are offered this
position and must be vaccinated under any applicable law, you will
be required to show proof of full vaccination or obtain an approval
of a religious or medical exemption prior to your start date. If
you receive an exemption from the vaccination requirement, you will
be required to submit to regular testing in accordance with the
Keywords: United Surgical Partners International, Nashville , Certified Surgical Tech Part Time, Healthcare , Mount Juliet, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!