Registered Nurse RN Transitional Care Unit 20K Sign on Bonus
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: June 25, 2022
Registered Nurse RN Transitional Care Unit 20K Sign on Bonus
- 2106079Job Registered Nurse - Critical CarePrimary Location
TN-Nashville-Vanderbilt Hospital (VUH)Organization Transitional
Care Unit 200650
The Registered Nurse position in the Transitional Care Unit applies
the nursing process to plan and implement the care of patients,
including patient and family education and continuum of care
planning. The Registered Nurse in the Transitional Care Unit
effectively communicates pertinent patient/family information to
the health care team. Collaborates in establishing patient goals
and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes. Furthers
professional growth by engaging in learning activities according to
the Board of Nursing standards.$20,000 SIGN ON BONUS for eligible
new hires (former employees must be separated from Vanderbilt
University Medical Center for a period of more than 12 months to be
eligible) . $15,000 relocation stipend for eligible new hires.
- Day Shift (7 am - 7 pm) and Night Shift (7 pm - 7 am)
- Self- scheduling through VandyWorks
- Full Time; 3 12 hour shifts per week and 4 weekend shifts in a
6 week scheduling periodKey Responsibilities:
- Collaborates in establishing the plan of care, coordinates and
implements care delivery while anticipating patient care needs
across the continuum.
- Analyzes comprehensive information pertinent to the patient's
care and management to determine nursing diagnosis.
- Continually utilizes the nursing process to evaluate patient's
progress towards goals and applies appropriate interventions to
ensure effective outcomes.
- Employs strategies to promote health and a safe and healthy
- The responsibilities listed are a general overview of the
position and additional duties may be assigned.Department/Unit
Summary:The Transitional Care Unit is a new unit focused on
initiating care of clinic patients requiring admission, assisting
the Emergency Department with their overflow of patients waiting to
be admitted and also see post-op surgical patients that need
observation. Our nurses encounter a diverse patient population
every day!To work in the Transitional Care Unit, our nurses need
strong assessment skills, the ability to think critically and adapt
to new challenges, along with strong communication skills to care
for work with our interdisciplinary teams.View how Vanderbilt
Health employees celebrate the difference they make every
day:Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:Located in
Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of
individuals who come to work each day with the simple aim of
changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will be
valued, your knowledge expanded, and your abilities challenged. It
is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.Our Nursing Philosophy:We believe
highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to
Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in
patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an
applied art and science focused on helping people, families and
communities reach excellent health and well-being.As a Vanderbilt
University Medical Center employee, you make a difference to our
patients and their families by bringing compassion and care to
those in need of hope and healing. Please see our current employee
- Affordable High Quality Health Plan Options
- Dental and /or vision plan
- 403 (b) retirement plan
- Paid Time off (flex PTO)
- Tuition Reimbursement and adoption assistance (maximums
- Short-Long term disability
- Subsidized backup childcare
- And many more... Ask us about our current inpatient nursing
supplemental Pay Program!Achieve the Remarkable:Learn more about
- Nursing Careers:
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Possesses
sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the
ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications
of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews
and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to
recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's
primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has
experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in
referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate
resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule
activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of
direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments
often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and
measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and
area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity.
Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient
fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical
applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental
proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical
questions. Generally works under the direction of others while
accomplishing assignments.CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the
understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas
related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately
complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through
experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to
team members.CORE CAPABILITIES:SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm
in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain
knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact
with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal
opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and
modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations
and audiences.DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and
future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to
better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different
angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and
develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support
and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees'
effectiveness.ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and
informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning
experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes
of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all
aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety
checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.MANAGING RESOURCES
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership,
focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the
departmental work to effectively manage resources for a
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding
of the information or data to identify and elevate
opportunities.FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new
ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve
processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new
technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as
opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of
emphasizing negative elements.
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent
experience) and six months relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed
& Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.Environmental
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse RN Transitional Care Unit 20K Sign on Bonus, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!