Company: Encompass Health
Posted on: January 16, 2022
Remote Pharmacists support multiple Encompass Health hospitals,
each with a daily census of 30 to 60 patients. This position uses
ACEIT and various medication processes to assess, plan, intervene
when necessary, implement and evaluate patient care in compliance
with each of these hospitals concerning their policies, protocols
and procedures. The Remote Pharmacist participates with other
members of the healthcare team helping patients achieve positive
clinical outcomes by monitoring, evaluating, verifying, ordering,
and making recommendations to assure the appropriate, safe and
effective use of pharmaceuticals for all patients. This position
uses professional judgment with respect to any clinical decisions
and recommendations. The Remote Pharmacist assumes responsibility
for any staff working under their supervision
License Or Certification
- Licensed in good standing by the State Pharmacy Board. For the
State in which the hospital is located.
Education, Training And Years Of Experience
- Successful completion of a degree from an accredited pharmacy
program or one that is determined to be substantially equivalent to
a U.S. accredited program by an appropriate certifying agency.
- Minimum 1 year of supervisory experience.
Machines, Equipment Used
- General office equipment such as telephone, copy machine, fax
machine, calculator, computer. High-speed internet connection.
- Good visual acuity and ability to communicate.
- Ability to lift, lower, push, pull, and retrieve objects
weighing a minimum of 30 pounds including medical supplies and
equipment and the transferring and repositioning of patients.
Reasonable assistance may be requested when lifting, pushing,
and/or pulling are undertaken which exceeds these minimum
- Ability to withstand prolonged standing and walking.
- Ability to reach, stoop, bend, kneel, and crouch are required
for patient care functions and in setting up and monitoring
Skills And Abilities
- Ability to speak, read, write, and communicate
- Ability to coordinate, analyze, observe, make decisions, and
meet deadlines in a detail-oriented manner.
- Ability to work independently without constant supervision.
- Indoor, temperature controlled, smoke-free environment.
Occasional outdoor exposure.
- Exposure or potential exposure to blood and body fluids may be
- Handicapped accessible.
- May work under stressful circumstances at times.
Proficiency Or Productivity Standards
- Has regular, reliable and predictable attendance and
- Adheres to hospital/department dress code including wearing ID
- May be required to work weekdays and/or weekends, evenings and
or night shifts if needed to meet deadlines.
- May be required to work on religious and/or legal holidays on
- Will be required to work as necessary during disaster
situations, i.e., before, during or after a disaster.
- May be required to stay after workday to assist after a
disaster situation until relief arrives.
- May be required to perform other duties as assigned by
Address: 3800 Ridgeway Drive, Birmingham 35209
Job ID: 2132322
Keywords: Encompass Health, Nashville , Remote Pharmacist, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!