Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist
Company: Life Care Center of Hickory Woods
Posted on: January 16, 2022
The RN Infection Preventionist evaluates the quality of resident
care and outcomes as they relate to Healthcare Acquired Infections
(HAI) and Community Acquired Infections (CAI) in accordance with
all applicable laws, regulations, and Life Care standards.
Collects, prepares, and analyzes HAI data. Presents infection data
and makes recommendations for actions. Monitors associate
compliance with infection control standards through use of barriers
and infection prevention measures. Prepares and presents education
for the staff, residents, and families. Serves as a resource to all
departments and personnel.
Education, Experience, and Licensure Requirements:
- Must possess a nursing diploma (associate's or bachelor's
degree in nursing).
- Must be currently licensed/registered in applicable State. Must
maintain an active Registered Nurse (RN) license in good standing
- Must have CPR certification upon hire or obtain during
orientation. CPR certification must remain current during
- Must have completed an approved Infection Preventionist
Certification course (e.g., CIC, CBIC, IP-BC, IPCA, CDC).
- Prior experience with geriatrics preferred.
- Must have applicable certifications or training per State
requirements (e.g., Certified TB Nurse).Specific Job
- Serves as designated associate responsible for monitoring
Public Health Advisories from local, state, and federal agencies
including the CDC
- Serves as the on-site IPC for COVID-19 prevention and response
activities, in accordance with current CDC recommendations
- Maintains a current knowledge of infection control trends,
methodologies, and employee health practices
- Performs work within the scope of his/her license
- Must possess the ability to make independent decisions when
circumstances warrant such action
- Must be knowledgeable of Infection Prevention and Control
practices and procedures as well as the laws, regulations, and
guidelines governing nursing functions in the post-acute care
- Must have the ability to implement and interpret the programs,
goals, objectives, policies, and procedures of the Infection
Prevention and Control Program
- Must perform proficiently in all applicable competency
- Maintains professional working relationships with all
associates, vendors, etc.
- Maintains confidentiality of all proprietary and/or
- Must understand and follow company policies including
harassment and compliance procedures
- Displays integrity and professionalism by adhering to Life
Care's Code of Conduct and completes mandatory Code of Conduct and
other appropriate compliance trainingAn Equal Opportunity
Keywords: Life Care Center of Hickory Woods, Nashville , Registered Nurse (RN) Infection Preventionist, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!