Dialysis Hospital Services RN
Company: Dialysis Clinic, Inc.
Posted on: November 22, 2021
Overview A $5,000 Sign On Bonus Is Available.----Did you know
that some of the industry---s most talented and caring registered
nurses are at DCI? Our nursing staff has helped DCI achieve the
lowest mortality and hospitalization rates among large dialysis
providers for the past 13 years in a row. We think our Nurses are
pretty awesome; they make a difference in our patients' lives by
helping them live longer and achieve a better quality of life.Our
mission is ---the care of the patient is our reason for
existence.--- What---s yours?The Dialysis Hospital Services Nurse
(Acute RN)--provides specialized dialysis nursing care in our acute
hemodialysis unit for patients with renal failure. The Acute RN
works in collaboration with all team members to ensure every
patient receives the safest care with the highest quality
outcomes.This position is full-time, at our St Thomas Mid-Town
Hospital Services program. Responsibilities
- Prepares and monitors the equipment used for intermittent or
continuous hemodialysis and water treatment in the acute setting,
including performing quality control checks.
- Performs and provides pre, intra, and post documentation of
acute patient assessments.
- Evaluates and makes recommendations regarding patient care
- Initiates, monitors and terminates dialysis treatments via all
accesses in accordance with DCI's established policies and
- Administers medications as ordered within the scope of their
license and provides documentation of administration and result of
- Accurately receives, transcribes and implements written and
verbal orders from physicians.
- Accepts phone lab diagnostic reports, interprets and forwards
the information to the physician as necessary.
- Provides and documents patient/family education regarding ESRD
and other health concerns.
- Serves as the primary contact for nephrologists and hospital
staff caring for the patient, and as a liaison to the chronic
- Knowledgeable of DCI guidelines for Occurrence Reports,
completes reports accordingly.
- Acts as a preceptor for new staff as assigned.
- Follows institution---s guidelines for administration of blood
and blood products. Job Requirements:
- A degree from an accredited Registered Nursing Program is
- 6 months dialysis experience preferred
- Experience in critical care nursing is preferred
- Must possess and maintain a current license in the applicable
state as a Registered Nurse
- Maintain certification in CPRDCI is a federal contractor and an
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer-Veterans/Individuals
with Disabilities.-- If you are having difficulty using the online
application system or would like to request other accommodations or
application methods, please contact Doug Patterson
at--Accommodations@dciinc.org--or 615-327-3061. Once a request has
been made, DCI will initiate a discussion with you about your needs
and whether an accommodation can be provided. DCI is committed to
providing such accommodations where possible.For more information
about equal opportunity please
Keywords: Dialysis Clinic, Inc., Nashville , Dialysis Hospital Services RN, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!