Registered Nurse - RN Transformation Unit FT Nights
Company: Ascension (System Office)
Posted on: February 25, 2021
We Are Hiring:
A collaborative workplace focused on removing barriers, ultimately
improving communication and efficiency, and empowering our
caregivers to practice at the top of their license - that's what
you get when you join Ascension.
* Registered Nurse (RN) - Transformation Unit
* Full-time Night shift
* Extra Pay Incentive!
* St. Thomas West - Nashville, TN
* Our Interdisciplinary Caregiver Model helps to remove barriers,
improve communication and efficiency and empowers you to elevate
your role as Registered Nurse.
* This unit serves as a test environment for nurse-generated ideas
that, if they work well, could be expanded across the entire
Apply now to be considered for one of Ascenion's most innovative
Ascension Saint Thomas West's Transformation Unit, is an innovative
program that seeks to tackle the nursing shortage and workplace
burnout, and improve care quality. The unit provides nurses with
the tools necessary to achieve those goals, including training on
recognizing patient issues, developing solutions and using existing
resources to test new methods. Subgroups within the unit's
Transformation Team are dedicated to addressing issues that
contribute to employee satisfaction, such as miscommunications in
transitions of care and other high-pressure situations; these
solutions also benefit patient safety and care quality.
We offer EXCELLENT benefits!
* Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
* Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent
* Health Savings Account (HSA)
* Long term / Short Term disability
* Life Insurance & AD&D
* Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
* 403b with company match
* Paid vacation time off
* Faith based work environment
* Nursing Career Coach to help guide you with your career ambitions
What You Will Do:
Provide direct nursing care in accordance with established
policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare
* Implement and monitor patient care plans. Monitor, record and
communicate patient condition as appropriate.
* Serve as a primary coordinator of all disciplines for
well-coordinated patient care.
* Note and carry out physician and nursing orders.
* Assess and coordinate patient's discharge planning needs with
members of the healthcare team.
What You Will Get:
* Opportunity for advancement- All the leaders on this unit
formerly worked on the unit.
* One on One Education from a Unit Dedicated NP
* Opportunity to learn Critical Care Nursing skills
* Your own dedicated Patient Care Technician to work alongside
What You Will Need:
Licensure / Certification / Registration:
* BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date
* One or more of the following required:
* Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
* Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing
Experience: At least 6 months working in a hospital setting highly
Why Join Our Team:
As one of the largest health systems in the state, we offer
rewarding careers across eight hospitals, in addition to a
comprehensive network of affiliated joint ventures, medical
practices, clinics and rehabilitation facilities. We employ more
than 8,000 associates and serve a 68-county area. As we continue to
grow, we need compassionate caregivers to join us on our journey
and to help influence care across our hospitals. We provide our
associates with the support needed to re-energize, engage and
experience the joy of caring for our patients. If you are looking
for a rewarding career in healthcare, we invite you to apply
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all. In FY2020, Ascension provided $2.4
billion in care of persons living in poverty and other community
benefit programs. Ascension includes more than 160,000 associates
and 40,000 aligned providers across a national network of
ministries. We offer rewarding careers across more than 2,600 sites
of care - including 146 hospitals and more than 50 senior living
facilities - in 19 states and the District of Columbia.
Equal Employment Opportunity Employer:
Ascension Saint Thomas is an equal opportunity employer (EEO) and
affords equal opportunity to all associates and applicants without
regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender identity,
sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, veteran
status, genetic data, or other legally protected status.
For further information regarding your EEO rights, click on the
following link to the "EEO is the Law" poster:
EEO is the Law Poster Supplement
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
This employer participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
Right to Work
Keywords: Ascension (System Office), Nashville , Registered Nurse - RN Transformation Unit FT Nights, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!