Registered Nurse Oncology Signing Bonus
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
The Registered Nurse, Oncology, will apply the nursing process to
plan and implement the care
of patients, including patient and family education and continuum
planning. The Registered Nurse, Oncology effectively communicates
information to the health care team. Collaborate in
patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective
outcomes. Further your professional growth by engaging in
activities according to the Board of Nursing standards. $10,000
sign-on bonus for Licensed RNs. Relocation Assistance
The Vanderbilt Inpatient
Hematology/Oncology Unit is led by Janet Lucas, winner of one of
highest nursing honors - The Adrienne Ames Transformational Nursing
Award. Janet leads a 27-bed unit dedicated to the best possible
patients with diagnoses of leukemia, lymphoma, sickle cell, anemia
tumors. The nurse patient ratio for this unit is typically 1:5 with
a mix of
majority oncology patients and some general medicine patients.
We are looking for compassionate nurses who want to be part of an
team of healthcare practitioners. Our nurses are part of everything
we do at
Vanderbilt, a Magnet-designated facility.
Click Here to Learn More About This
Position Shift: Night Shift: 7PM to 7AM
on this unit work three 12-hour shifts per week. Weekends are
work schedule for this unit is prepared in advance for a six-week
There are twelve weekend shifts in each schedule. Weekends are
Saturday night. You are required to work five weekend shifts during
week schedule. Vanderbilt offers self-scheduling through our
called VandyWorks. You are required to schedule yourself for five
shifts during each six-week schedule.
Click here to view how
Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make
each and every
day: Celebrate 2019
University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville,
Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,
patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to work
day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place where
expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture,
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take
exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in
education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly
skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt
Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care, education and
believe nursing is an applied art and science focused on helping
families and communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
-- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
& Professional Development:
-- Life In
Preferred or Desirable Experience :
Experienced Med/Surg nurses will be trained on oncology
Oncology and chemo-therapy experience desirable
Ability to become chemo-therapy certified within six months of hire
through the assistance of VUMCGraduate of an approved Nursing
degree program (or equivalent experience), active Tennessee RN
license, and 6 months' relevant experience.
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Registered Nurse Required
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse Oncology Signing Bonus, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!