Registered Nurse Medical ICU Signing Bonus
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Medical ICU Registered Nurse will apply the nursing process to plan
implement the care of patients, including patient and family
continuum of care planning. The Medical
ICU Registered Nurse effectively communicates pertinent
to the health care team. Collaborates in
establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure
outcomes. Furthers professional growth
by engaging in learning activities according to the Board of
Signing Bonus $15,000
sign-on bonus for Licensed Registered NursesRelocation
specializes in adult general intensive care for patients with a
wide variety of
diseases and conditions that include (but not limited to) pulmonary
drug overdose, GI bleeds, acute respiratory failure, and sepsis.
attracts nurses to our unit is that each shift is a new adventure
that brings new
focus is on patient safety, including families in the care of
acute processes, and caring for the critically ill.
A typical shift
for our nurses includes providing daily care to an average of two
with the team to develop a plan of care for the patient, and
the patient's family to include them in their family member's care.
involved in shared governance and decision making for the unit is
typical part of the nurse's shift.
ourselves on our team collaboration through the shared governance
structure of our
unit and that our nurses are active participants in clinical-based
Awards and Recognitions:
-- Nurse Residency Program Best Team Award -
Adult Critical Care Track:
- Summer 2009, 2010, 2011, 2012
- Winter 2012
- Summer 2013
- Winter 2013
-- PRC Top Performer Award in 2011
-- MICU Condolence Team - Nurses' Week Team Award, 2012
To Learn More Click Here:
Full-time (36 hours/week), night shift
schedule is made for six weeks and we offer self-scheduling.
here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the
difference they make
University Medical Center:
in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of
discovery and patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals
come to work each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It
is a place
where your expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded, and
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture,
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take
exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
Vanderbilt's mission is to advance
health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient care,
Our Nursing Philosophy:
highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to
University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care,
research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused
people, families and communities reach excellent health and
Achieve the Remarkable:
more about VUMC Nursing:
-- Nursing Careers:
-- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
-- Our Nursing Philosophy:
-- Our Nursing Leadership:
-- Shared Governance:
-- Education &
-- Life In Nashville:
-- VUMC Nursing:
Graduate of an approved Nursing degree program (or equivalent
experience), active Tennessee RN license, and 1 year relevant
experience. Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration
- Registered Nurse RequiredPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed
& Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.Environmental
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.*INDRN*GD*NHCN*CA
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse Medical ICU Signing Bonus, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!