Registered Nurse, Adult Acute Medicine
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
The Registered Nurse, Adult Acute Medicine, also known as 4 Round
Wing, (signing bonus available) will apply the nursing process to
plan and implement the care of patients, including patient and
family education and continuum of care planning. The Registered
Nurse, Adult Acute Medicine effectively communicates pertinent
patient/family information to the health care team. Collaborates in
establishing patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure
Further your professional growth by engaging in learning activities
according to the Board of Nursing standards. Relocation Assistance
Available for ASN or BSN
4 Round Wing/Adult Inpatient Medicine, located in Medical Center
North at Vanderbilt University Medical Center, is fast-paced and
focused on acute medicine. 4RW is a 14 bed unit, which cares for
adult patients with non-surgical acute medicine conditions. The
mission of the 4RW/Medicine is to provide compassionate, quality
care that is respectful, patient/family-centered, safe, and cost
efficient. Our nurses are able to utilize evidence-based guidelines
to provide the highest quality of care. The staff experiences the
professional satisfaction that comes with making a difference every
day for their patients and families, while expanding their critical
care knowledge base and applying critical thinking skills to
understand and intervene in the care of their patients. Our
population of patients may include patients with any number of
co-morbidities, including neurological, respiratory, cardiac,
gastrointestinal, renal and endocrine medical conditions.
- Full-time, Nights
- Night Shift: 7pm-7am
Click here to view
how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make
every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized
nursing care is essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's
quality in patient care, education and research. We believe nursing
applied art and science focused on helping people, families and
reach excellent health and well-being
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers:
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
NURSING PATIENT ASSESSMENT & EVALUATION (NOVICE):- Possesses
sufficient fundamental proficiency to successfully demonstrate the
ability to assess and evaluate patients in practical applications
of moderate difficulty. Conducts primary care patient interviews
and physical examinations. Demonstrates sufficient acumen to
recognize problems, ask questions and to contact the patient's
primary care provider and other members of the healthcare team. Has
experience in gathering pertinent clinical data that aid in
referral, treatment, or other primary care pathways.
CARE PLANNING (NOVICE):- Demonstrates ability to anticipate
resource needs, identify distinct tasks, set priorities, schedule
activities, meet deadlines, and organize work within areas of
direct responsibility. Competently handles multiple assignments
often simultaneously by prioritizing work into manageable and
measurable units. Ability to adapt to changes to patient care and
area needs with minimal disruption and loss of productivity.
Follows up to assure problems and issues are resolved.
NURSING PATIENT EDUCATION (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient
fundamental proficiency in providing patient education in practical
applications of moderate difficulty.
EVIDENCE-BASED PRACTICE (NOVICE):- Possesses sufficient fundamental
proficiency to successfully search for evidence to answer clinical
questions. Generally works under the direction of others while
- Organizational Impact: Executes job responsibilities with the
understanding of how output would affect and impact other areas
related to own job area/team with occasional guidance.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Analyzes moderately
complex problems using technical experience and judgment.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has expanded knowledge gained through
experience within a professional area.
- Team Interaction: Provides informal guidance and support to
SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P2):
- Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm
in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain
knowledge in new areas.
- Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact
with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal
opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and
modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations
DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P2):
- Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current and
future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services to
better address them.
- Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different
angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and
develop concrete solutions.
- Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing support
and coaching in a constructive manner to increase employees'
ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P2):
- Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and
informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues
- Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning
experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes
of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all
aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety
checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring.
MANAGING RESOURCES EFFECTIVELY (P2):
- Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of ownership,
focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of the
departmental work to effectively manage resources for a
- Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong understanding
of the information or data to identify and elevate
FOSTERING INNOVATION (P2):
- Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new
ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve
processes beyond conventional approaches.
- Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning new
technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term
- Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems as
opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead of
emphasizing negative elements
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Program
- Active Tennessee RN license
- 6 months of RN experiencePreferred:
- BLS certification
- ACLS certificationPhysical Requirements/Strengths needed &
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.Environmental
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.*INDRN*NHCN*CA*GD
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse, Adult Acute Medicine, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!