Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Signing Bonus
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Applies the nursing process to plan and implement the care of
patients, including patient and family education and continuum of
care planning. Effectively communicates pertinent patient/family
information to the health care team. Collaborates in establishing
patient goals and evaluates progress to ensure effective outcomes.
Furthers professional growth by engaging in learning activities
according to the Board of Nursing standards.
Relocation Assistance Available & $15,000 Sign-On Bonus for ASN or
Vanderbilt Clinical Neurosciences in Nashville, Tenn., is a leader
in treating brain, spine and nervous system disorders.
Collaboration is key in caring for such complex issues. That's why
Vanderbilt neurosurgeons, neurologists and other experts team up to
care for you. Our teams treat all neurological conditions including
brain tumors; epilepsy; headaches; Parkinson's, essential tremor
and other movement disorders; stroke, and muscular sclerosis, among
Read about exciting new developments happening only at
- The ICU nursing 2 to 1
- Stepdown is 3 or 4 to 1
- Care partner and charge nurse help all
- Medical receptionist
- Run by anesthesia so always providers or NPs available
- Taking care of neurologically compromised patients
- Surgical patients/neuro interventional patients/stroke/complex
spine/general neuro patients/Gilly and bray
- Turn over 12 to 15 beds a day. Can be less than that
- Night shift does 6 weekend shifts per 6 weeks, Friday,
Saturday, and Sunday are all considered weekend shifts. Day shift
does 4 per 6 weeks but Saturday and Sunday are only considered
weekend shifts for dayshift.
All new hires start on Night Shift 7pm-7am
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.
Click here to view
how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the difference they make
Our Nursing Philosophy:
highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential to
University Medical Center's mission of quality in patient care,
research. We believe nursing is an applied art and science focused
people, families and communities reach excellent health and
Achieve the Remarkable:
about VUMC Nursing:
Nursing Careers: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/index.html
Our Nursing Philosophy:
Our Nursing Leadership:
Education & Professional Development:
Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
- Graduate of an approved Nursing Program
- Active Tennessee RN license
- 6 months of RN experience
Physical Requirements/ Strengths Needed"Heavy Work" category
requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of force occasionally and/or
up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs.
of force continually to move objects.
- Occasional :Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional :Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional :Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional :Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional :Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional :Kneeling: Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional :Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional :Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent :Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent :Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent :Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent :Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent :Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent :Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent :Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent :Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent :Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent :Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous :Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous :Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous :Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous :Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional :Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent :Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Registered Nurse Neuro ICU Signing Bonus, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!