Licensed Practical Nurse PRN- COVID Labor Pool - Brentwood, Nolensville, Mt. Juliet
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Licensed Practical Nurse-PRN COVID Labor Pool Response Team9
Walk-In Clinics Role Summary:
This is a PRN role. PRN role will work Per Diem or as needed. The
LPN role will support the licensed healthcare team members within
the Vanderbilt Walk-In Clinic in the provision of patient care to
include direct patient care, providing healthcare information to
patients/families, and following established plan of care. This
role works in close collaboration with the RN or a licensed
healthcare team member to evaluate the patient's plan of care and
progress toward goal attainment. All patient care activities are
undertaken with the delegation/supervision of a licensed
professional in accordance with VUMC standards and licensure
Nursing responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Rooming patients, including those who will be assessed and
screened for COVID testing
- Nursing intake (VS, allergies, medication reconciliation,
- Phlebotomy/IV starts for fluid resuscitation
- Patient education for self-care
- Discharging patients
- 7:30am-7:30pm; Day Shift
Click here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrated the
difference they make each and every day: Celebrate 2019
Discover Vanderbilt University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville, Tennessee, and operating at a global
crossroads of teaching, discovery and patient care, VUMC is a
community of individuals who come to work each day with the simple
aim of changing the world. It is a place where your expertise will
be valued, your knowledge expanded and your abilities challenged.
It is a place where your diversity - of culture, thinking, learning
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they are part of something that is bigger than
themselves, take exceptional pride in their work and never settle
for what was good enough yesterday. Vanderbilt's mission is to
advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in patient
care, education, and research.
Our Nursing Philosophy:
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is essential
to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of quality in
patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an
applied art and science focused on helping people, families and
communities reach excellent health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable:
Learn more about VUMC Nursing:
- Nursing Careers:
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional Development:
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
Graduate of an approved discipline specific program (or equivalent
experience) and 1 year relevant experience
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- Licensed Practical Nurse Required
Additional Qualification Information:
- Based on regulations from the TN Board of Nursing and VUMC
policy, LPNs have the following practice limitations: (1)May NOT
initiate the administration of blood or blood products, (2)May NOT
administer experimental drugs (research drugs used in studies for
anything other than indications for use by the pharmaceutical
company), (3)May NOT administer any intravenous chemotherapeutic
agents, (4)May NOT administer IV push medication.
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Heavy Work category requiring exertion of 50 to 100 lbs. of
force occasionally and/or up to 20 to 50 lbs. of force frequently
and/or up to 10 to 20 lbs. of force continually to move
- Occasional: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Frequent: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Frequent: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Frequent: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Frequent: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Frequent: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Frequent: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Frequent: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Frequent: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , Licensed Practical Nurse PRN- COVID Labor Pool - Brentwood, Nolensville, Mt. Juliet, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!