CRNA - $10K Signing Bonus
Company: Vanderbilt University Medical Center
Posted on: October 18, 2020
Job Summary:In our CRNA role,
you will be a critical team member to administer general, regional
monitored anesthesia care for scheduled and emergency surgical and
procedures and perform anesthesia-related procedures at the
discretion of and
under the supervision of an attending
anesthesiologist. Additionally, The RN Anesthetist will evaluate
preoperatively and, in consultation with the attending
formulate and carry out an anesthesia care plan including
recording patient reaction to anesthesia and modifying the
accordingly. Safely transport patients to and from an anesthetizing
and ensures appropriate care during the postoperative period.
instruct, and provide feedback to student nurse anesthetists to
safety. Finally, be an effective team member and interact with
patients in a way that shows respect and consideration for the
those around you. $10k signing bonus for eligible applicants.
Department Summary:The Vanderbilt Department of Anesthesiology
embraces the anesthesia care team approach to patient care,
involving anesthesiologists and residents, certified registered
nurse anesthetists (CRNAs), student registered nurse anesthetists
(SRNAs) and anesthesia technicians. The more than 115 CRNAs at
Vanderbilt provide anesthesia for all types of surgical procedures,
including cardiac, pediatrics, vascular, trauma, neurosurgery,
plastics, radiologic, and special procedures. CRNAs administer
general, regional and monitored anesthesia care for scheduled and
emergency surgical, obstetric, and diagnostic procedures.
Vanderbilt is a clinical affiliate of the Middle Tennessee School
of Anesthesia (MTSA) in Madison, Tennessee, which is the second
largest nurse anesthesia program in the country. Vanderbilt is also
a clinical affiliate for the Union University Nurse Anesthesia
program in Jackson, Tennessee. Student nurse anesthetists assist in
approximately 7,000 anesthetics per year while on Vanderbilt
Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Department of Anesthesiology
is accepting application for a Certified Registered Nurse
Anesthetist (CRNA) for opportunities opening in 2019. If you are a
licensed CRNA or a student graduating within the next 3-6 months
with your Master's Degree, you are encourage to apply online today.
We look forward to reviewing your resume and we will keep you
informed along the way.
Position Shift: Full-time. Mostly daylight with occasional rotation
to other shifts as
needed to meet operational demands.
University Medical Center:
Located in Nashville,
Tennessee, and operating at a global crossroads of teaching,
patient care, VUMC is a community of individuals who come to
each day with the simple aim of changing the world. It is a place
expertise will be valued, your knowledge expanded and your
challenged. It is a place where your diversity - of culture,
and leading - is sought and celebrated. It is a place where
employees know they
are part of something that is bigger than themselves, take
exceptional pride in
their work and never settle for what was good enough yesterday.
is to advance health and wellness through preeminent programs in
education, and research.
Medical Center, Department of Anesthesiology is accepting
application for a
Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist (CRNA) for opportunities
opening in 2019. If you are a licensed CRNA or a student
graduating within the next 3-6 months with your Master's Degree,
encourage to apply online today. We look forward to reviewing your
and we will keep you informed along the way.
here to view how Vanderbilt Health employees celebrate the
difference they make
Our Nursing Philosophy
We believe highly skilled and specialized nursing care is
essential to Vanderbilt University Medical Center's mission of
patient care, education and research. We believe nursing is an
applied art and
science focused on helping people, families and communities reach
health and well-being.
Achieve the Remarkable
Learn more about VUMC
- Nursing Careers:
- Benefits: http://www.vumcnursingcareers.com/benefits.html
- Our Nursing Philosophy:
- Our Nursing Leadership:
- Shared Governance:
- Education & Professional
- Life In Nashville:
- VUMC Nursing:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved CRNA - Master's program
- New Graduates accepted during final semester
- Two or more years of CRNA experience preferred
Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration (LCR):
- TN Registered Nurse and CRNA certification
Physical Requirements/Strengths needed & Physical Demands:
- Medium Work category requiring exertion up to 50lbs of force
occasionally and/or up to 20 of force frequently and/or up to 10 of
force continually to move objects
- Occasional: Standing: Remaining on one's feet without
- Occasional: Walking: Moving about on foot.
- Occasional: Lifting under 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
under 35 lbs from one level to another
- Occasional: Lifting over 35 lbs: Raising and lowering objects
from one level to another, includes upward pulling over 35 lbs,
with help of coworkers or assistive device
- Occasional: Carrying under 35 lbs: Transporting an object
holding in hands, arms or shoulders, with help of coworkers or
- Occasional: Push/Pull: Exerting force to move objects away from
- Occasional: Bending/Stooping: Trunk bending downward and
forward by bending spine at waist requiring full use of lower
extremities and back muscles
- Occasional: Balancing: Maintaining body equilibrium to prevent
falling when walking, standing, crouching or maneuvering self,
patient and equipment simultaneously while working in large and
- Occasional: Climbing: Ascending or descending stairs/ramps
using feet and legs and/or hands and arms.
- Occasional: Kneeling:Bending legs at knees to come to rest on
knee or knees.
- Occasional: Crouching/Squatting: Bending body downward and
forward by bending legs and spine.Reaching above shoulders:
Extending arms in any direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching above shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction above shoulders.
- Occasional: Reaching below shoulders: Extending arms in any
direction below shoulders.
- Occasional: Handling: Seizing, holding, grasping, turning or
otherwise working with hand or hands.
- Occasional: Bimanual Dexterity: Requiring the use of both
- Frequent: Sitting: Remaining in seated position
- Frequent: Fingering: Picking, pinching, gripping, working
primarily with fingers requiring fine manipulation.
- Frequent: Communication: Expressing or exchanging
- Continuous: Auditory: Perceiving the variances of sounds, tones
and pitches and able to focus on single source of auditory
- Continuous: Vision: Clarity of near vision at 20 inches or less
and far vision at 20 feet or more with depth perception, peripheral
vision, color vision.
- Continuous: Smell: Ability to detect and identify odors.
- Continuous: Feeling: Ability to perceive size, shape,
temperature, texture by touch with fingertips.
- Occasional: Chemicals and Gasses: Medications, cleaning
chemicals, oxygen, other medical gases used in work area.
- Occasional: Pathogens: Risk of exposure to bloodborne pathogens
and other contagious illnesses.
Keywords: Vanderbilt University Medical Center, Nashville , CRNA - $10K Signing Bonus, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!