Registered Nurse/RN - Critical Care - CV/Neuro/Surgical - Transplants
Company: Ascension, A23
Posted on: December 5, 2019
We Are Hiring
Title: Registered Nurse/RN - Critical Care - CV/Neuro/Surgical -
Transplants - FT Nights
City, State: Nashville, TN
Location: St Thomas West Hospital
Department: Critical Care Unit - Neuro - CVICU - SICU
Additional Job Details: Full-Time, Nights, 36 Hours Weekly
Additional Information: open heart, cardiovascular, strokes,
advanced therapy, low ratios, LVAD, ECMO, transplants
--- Medical, Dental, Vision, Prescription Drug program
--- Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for healthcare and dependent
--- Health Savings Account (HSA)
--- Long term / Short Term disability
--- Life Insurance & AD&D
--- Tuition Assistance after 6 months employment
--- 403b with company match
--- Paid vacation time off
--- Faith based work environment
--- Legal services and much more!
Why Join Ascension?
In Tennessee, Ascension's Saint Thomas Health operates nine
hospitals in addition to a comprehensive network of affiliated
joint ventures, medical practices, clinics and rehabilitation
facilities covering a 68-county area and employing more than 8,000
associates. Across the state, Saint Thomas Health provides a wide
variety of inpatient and outpatient services. The clinical programs
and medical facilities are continuously updated to meet both the
changing needs of the community and the challenges posed by
innovations in technology.
Ascension is a faith-based healthcare organization dedicated to
transformation through innovation across the continuum of care. As
one of the leading non-profit and Catholic health systems in the
U.S., Ascension is committed to delivering compassionate,
personalized care to all, especially to those most in need. In
FY2018, Ascension provided nearly $2 billion in care of persons
living in poverty and other community benefit programs.
What You Will Do
As a Registered Nurse in the newly expanded ICU at Saint Thomas
West, you will provide direct nursing care for patients with
life-threatening medical conditions. This unit provides an exciting
opportunity for RN's who are flexible, energetic, compassionate,
and looking for new challenges in a supportive environment.
- Highest Acuity of all Saint Thomas Hospitals
- Offer Care for Heart Transplants, ECMO, VADs, IABPs, CRRT,
RotoProne, Impella, IVHT
- Comprehensive Stroke Center- care for complicated Neuro
- Evaluate, revise, implement, and monitor patient care
- Treat wounds and provide advanced life support.
- Observe and record patient vital signs.
- Ensure that ventilators, monitors and other types of medical
equipment function properly.
- Inform and educate the patient of ongoing medical
- Assess and coordinate patient's discharge plans with members of
the healthcare team.
- Provide regular status updates to patients and their families
to ensure they can make informed decisions regarding future
- Administer intravenous fluids and medications.
- Respond to life-saving situations, using nursing standards and
protocols for treatment
- Registered Nurse's with VAD or ECMO experience includes an
additional shift differential between $3.00-$5.00/hr when caring
for this population of patients
- Provide quality care for some of the highest acuity patients in
- You will do all of this while contributing to mission
effectiveness by promoting the spirit embodied with the Mission
Statement: Service to the poor - Support the cause of those who
lack resources for a reasonable quality of life. Reverence -
Respect and compassion for the dignity and diversity of life
Integrity - Inspiring trust through personal leadership. Wisdom -
Integrating excellence and stewardship. Creativity - Courageous
Innovation. Dedication - Affirming hope and joy in our ministry.
What You Will Need
If you are looking for a career where you can put your skills and
experience to work, make a difference every day and pursue your
goals for the future, join our team.
The qualifications you will need:
- Required Credential(s):
- BLS Provider credentialed from the American Heart Association
(AHA) obtained prior to hire date or job transfer date.
- One or more of the following:
- Licensed Registered Nurse credentialed from the Tennessee Board
of Nursing or current home state license for multi-state license
recognition "Compact State" obtained prior to hire date or job
- ACLS is also strongly encouraged. Education:
- Diploma from an accredited school/college of nursing required
- None required.
- Minimum of (6) months of acute care, or hospital floor
- Or minimum of two (2) years of medical surgical experience
Saint Thomas Healthcare Family is an EEO/AA employer:
Equal Employment Opportunity
Saint Thomas Health Services complies with all applicable federal
and state laws prohibiting discrimination in hiring or employment
practices on the basis of citizenship, race, color, religion,
gender, age, national and ethnic origin, disability, or veteran
No question or item on this application for employment is intended
to secure information to be used for such discrimination.
Information obtained through this application will be used solely
to determine qualifications and suitability for employment. This
application will be valid for a period of 90 days from date of
Please note that Ascension will make an offer of employment only to
individuals who have applied for a position using our official
application. Be on alert for possible fraudulent offers of
employment. Ascension will not solicit money or banking information
Saint Thomas Health participates in the Electronic Employment
Verification Program. Please click the E-Verify link below for more
E-Verify (link to E-verify site)
Keywords: Ascension, A23, Nashville , Registered Nurse/RN - Critical Care - CV/Neuro/Surgical - Transplants, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!