Oncology Med Surg Coordinator - RN
Company: TriStar Centennial Medical Center
Posted on: December 5, 2019
Description SHIFT: Days (rotating weekends)
TriStar Centennial Medical Center Nashville, TN
A few of the benefits we provide you:
- Industry Leading Clinical Training and Professional Academy -
- Tuition Reimbursement and Student Loan Forgiveness
- 401K (3 to 9% based on tenure)
- Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Full Medical, Dental, and Vision insurance.
- New Extended Family Leave
- Healthcare and Dependent Care Flexible Spending Accounts
- Hundreds of consumer discounts
- Financial Fitness Program with a Certified Financial
PlannerRegistered Nurse (RN) Sarah Cannon Cancer Center - Med Surg
Oncology Clinical Coord - Days with rotating weekends. Our 741 bed
hospital is both nationally and locally recognized, including being
named as one of the nation's Top 100 Hospitals in the areas of
cardiology, stroke, orthopaedics and breast cancer management. As a
result of the continued advances in quality care, many improvements
in all areas of healthcare have been made and thousands of lives
have been significantly impacted. This position will play a key
part in continuing our success! 3 Central Medical Oncology is an
acute care unit that provides care for adult and geriatric medical
oncology, hematological oncology, hematological disorders and
medical surgical patients. The Emergency Department, PACU,
Physicians' Offices, Critical Care Units and Patient Registration
are all entry points for patients admitted. Primary Services:
- Chemotherapy/Biotherapy administration and management,
including investigational protocols
- Management of patients with radiation implants
- Transfusion of blood, platelets and fresh frozen plasma
- Management of central venous access devices
- Management of spinal drains
- Bone marrow biopsy and aspiration
- Thoracentesis and paracentesis
- Epidural and intrathecal analgesia
- Management of toxicities r/t chemotherapy/biotherapy/radiation
- Management of neutropenia /thrombocytopenia/ anemia
- Antibiotic/Medication therapies
- Pain Management
- Telemetry monitoring
- Palliative & End-of-Life careResponsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development,
assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to
the ages of patients served as per Scope of Service.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Utilizes nursing process for individual care to meet needs of
- Demonstrates ability to perform technical skills and
- Documents all patient care. Qualifications Qualifications:
- Interpersonal skills to successfully interact with patients,
guests, physicians, and other employees.
- Graduate of an accredited School of Professional Nursing.
- Current licensure by Tennessee Board of Nursing.
- Current BLS certification.
- ONS Chemotherapy Certification (New hires shall complete within
12 months of date of hire).
- Oncology Certified Nurse (OCN) preferred. Military: 66H, 66N,
Notice Our Company s recruiters are here to help unlock the next
possibility within your career and we take your candidate
experience very seriously. During the recruitment process, no
recruiter or employee will request financial or personal
information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank
information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not
email you from a public webmail client like Gmail or Yahoo Mail. If
you feel suspicious of a job posting or job-related email, let us
know by clicking here .For questions about your job application or
this site please contact HCAhrAnswers at 1-844-###-#### option 1.
Associated topics: asn, bsn, cardiothoracic, care unit, coronary,
infusion, psychiatric, registed, registered nurse,
Keywords: TriStar Centennial Medical Center, Nashville , Oncology Med Surg Coordinator - RN, Healthcare , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!