Program Director Government Relations (Government & Community Affairs)
Company: National Medical Association
Posted on: September 25, 2022
Description Program Director of Government Relations JOB
SUMMARY: Advises senior leadership on matters related to city,
county and state government relations. Assists in maintaining
effective communications with local and state officials, community
groups and state organizations focused on research and health care.
Responsible for developing, recommending and executing new
political engagement strategies regarding local and state
officials. Responsible for building and facilitating relationships
with relevant regional stakeholders and state government officials
in furtherance of these strategies. KEY RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Establishes a positive, credible and influential presence
within city, county and state government.
- Represents and advances VUMC's government relations agenda
before elected officials and government decision makers with a
focus on local government relations.
- Builds and maintains relationships with elected officials and
government decision makers on behalf of VUMC.
- Fosters a productive relationship between senior leadership and
- Establishs a positive, credible and influential presence for
VUMC on key boards, councils, and advisory committees.
- Works cross-functionally and coordinate activities with VUMC
departments. CORE ACCOUNTABILITIES:
- Organizational Impact: Delivers projects/assignments that have
a direct impact on goals/objectives of the unit/department that the
job is in.
- Problem Solving/ Complexity of work: Conducts extensive
analysis of situations or data to resolve numerous, complex issues;
may involve the input/work of others.
- Breadth of Knowledge: Has in-depth level of knowledge within a
professional area and working knowledge of other areas.
- Team Interaction: May lead mid-sized projects; coaches and
guides team members. CORE CAPABILITIES: SUPPORTING COLLEAGUES (P4):
- - Develops Self and Others: Invests time, energy and enthusiasm
in developing self/others to help improve performance and gain
knowledge in new areas.
- - Builds and Maintains Relationships: Maintains regular contact
with key colleagues and stakeholders using formal and informal
opportunities to expand and strengthen relationships.
- - Communicates Effectively: Recognizes group interactions and
modifies one's own communication style to suit different situations
and audiences. DELIVERING EXCELLENT SERVICES (P4):
- - Serves Others with Compassion: Seeks to understand current
and future needs of relevant stakeholders and customizes services
to better address them.
- - Solves Complex Problems: Approaches problems from different
angles; Identifies new possibilities to interpret opportunities and
develop concrete solutions.
- - Offers Meaningful Advice and Support: Provides ongoing
support and coaching in a constructive manner to increase
employees' effectiveness. ENSURING HIGH QUALITY (P4):
- - Performs Excellent Work: Engages regularly in formal and
informal dialogue about quality; directly addresses quality issues
- - Ensures Continuous Improvement: Applies various learning
experiences by looking beyond symptoms to uncover underlying causes
of problems and identifies ways to resolve them.
- - Fulfills Safety and Regulatory Requirements: Understands all
aspects of providing a safe environment and performs routine safety
checks to prevent safety hazards from occurring. MANAGING RESOURCES
- - Demonstrates Accountability: Demonstrates a sense of
ownership, focusing on and driving critical issues to closure.
- - Stewards Organizational Resources: Applies understanding of
the departmental work to effectively manage resources for a
- - Makes Data Driven Decisions: Demonstrates strong
understanding of the information or data to identify and elevate
opportunities. FOSTERING INNOVATION (P4):
- - Generates New Ideas: Proactively identifies new
ideas/opportunities from multiple sources or methods to improve
processes beyond conventional approaches.
- - Applies Technology: Demonstrates an enthusiasm for learning
new technologies, tools, and procedures to address short-term
- - Adapts to Change: Views difficult situations and/or problems
as opportunities for improvement; actively embraces change instead
of emphasizing negative elements.
Keywords: National Medical Association, Nashville , Program Director Government Relations (Government & Community Affairs), Government & Protective Services , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!