Director of Capital Equipment Services
Posted on: October 13, 2019
Description SHIFT: No Weekends
At HealthTrust we are committed to strengthening provider
performance and clinical excellence through an aligned membership
model and the delivery of total spend management advisory solutions
that leverage its operator experience, scale and innovation. We are
headquartered in Nashville, Tennessee, and serve over 1,500
hospitals and health systems, and more than 31,000 other member
locations including ambulatory surgery centers, physician
practices, long-term care and alternate care sites.
HealthTrust is part of the HCA family, a Fortune 100 company with
more than 200,000 employees and one of the nation's leading
providers of healthcare services.-- HCA operates over 170 locally
managed hospitals and over 100 freestanding surgery centers in 20
states and the United Kingdom. HCA has been named one of the
world's most ethical companies for eight years in a row.--At HCA,
we are driven by a single goal: the care and improvement of human
life. -- Job Summary This position is responsible for delivering
HealthTrustCapital Equipment Services to assigned member(s).-- The
Director, Capital Equipment Services will have responsibility for
the member---scapital equipment process, including:--Budgeting,
Planning, Acquisition, Management and Disposition. Responsibilities
include developing and executinginnovative capital equipment
strategies that deliver significant andmeasurable financial and
operational value to member(s).-- The individual must establish
objectives anddevelop and execute operational plans and
- Develop, execute, and support thecapital process (including
routine capital as well as construction/renovationand clinical
initiatives (e.g. surgical initiatives)).
- Prepare and analyze capital budgets.
- Understand member---s capital inventory anddevelop end-of-life/
replacement plans as well as service/maintenancestrategies.
- Review service/maintenance contractsand ensure
service/maintenance strategies are deployed correctly.
- Communicate and collaborate effectivelywith all levels in the
organization, including but not limited to:-- clinicians,
physicians, supply chain,materials management.
- Ensure high customer satisfaction.
- Investigate, act, and communicate on capital issues.
- Develop and execute opportunities to improve operations.
- Collaborates with member to drive contract compliance.
- Resolve off-contract issues/exceptions.
- Develop and execute opportunities to drive cost-savings.
- Develop and execute bulk buy strategies, or participation in
HealthTrust Group Buy program.
- Exceed cost-savings goals established in annual work
plan.--Project Management and Communication
- Collaborate with the member to take full-advantage of the GPO
portfolio --- including the evaluation of standardization
opportunities.-- This may entail mini-RFPs and negotiation of
standardization opportunities in collaboration with GPO sourcing
- Collaborate with GPO Sourcing team on national contracting
activities (e.g. identifying new technology or new category
- Communicating standard processes and policies, best practices,
progress reporting, and issue review/resolution;
- Ensuring completion of deliverables and adherence
totimelines;Qualifications Education and--Experience
- 7-10years of--related healthcare or industry experience
- Bachelor---sDegree strongly preferred
- Strongmedical capital equipment process knowledge
and--experience (products,hospital operations, strategic sourcing,
supply chain, purchasing, materialsmanagement).
- Experiencein leading and executing large complex projects
- Strongpresentation and selling skills with various levels--of
management onstrategies and initiatives to improve supply chain
management of equipment.
- Abilityto lead cross-functional teams.
- Highlyskilled at interfacing with leadership
(corporate--level/c-suite) and withmid-management (clinical
directors, materials management, etc.)--
- Mustdemonstrate strong communication skills.-- This including
listening andvalidation,--written and spoken, tact, diplomacy, and
- Completeprofessionalism including the qualities of--confidence,
motivation,accountability, integrity, and humility.
- Mustpossess strong organizational skills, including
the--ability to plan,implement, and execute.--
- Mustalso possess the ability to focus and execute exceptional
- Strongcomputer skills in Microsoft Office
required.Excellentanalytical and financial skills.Benefits of
working atHealthTrustOur benefits packageallows you to select the
options that best meet the needs of you and
yourfamily.--Benefits--include--401k with a company match, paid
timeoff, medical, dental, vision, flex spending for both health and
day care, lifeinsurance, disability, tuition reimbursement
and--student loan repayment,employee discount program, employee
stock purchase program.--We are an equalopportunity employer and we
value diversity at our company. We do notdiscriminate on the basis
of race, religion, color, national origin, gender,sexual
orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability
HCA Healthcare is a collaborative healthcare network, driven by
physicians, nurses and colleagues helping each other champion the
practice of medicine to give people a healthier tomorrow. With a
comprehensive network of more than 270,000 people across
approximately 1,800 care facilities, our scale enables us to
deliver great outcomes for our patients, provide superior nursing
care and be a preferred place for physicians to practice medicine.
We never stop in our pursuit of insights and care advances based on
the knowledge and data we gain from approximately 30 million
patient encounters a year. Every day, we raise the bar to improve
the way healthcare is delivered, not just in our facilities, but
everywhere. We---re committed to improving more lives in more ways,
and above all else, we are committed to the care and improvement of
Keywords: HealthTrust, Nashville , Director of Capital Equipment Services, Executive , Nashville, Tennessee
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!